PDA

View Full Version : DF, XSI and Zdepth

allawy
08-29-2003, 03:28 AM
Hi;

I'm trying to have a DOF done with DF, for this I'm doing 2 things (as I read in the articals):

1- Render my beauty Pass.
2- Render my Zdepth Pass.
3- I don't know how to merge them :)

how can I add the Zdepth pass as a Z channel to the beauty pass?

I also read about checking the zdepth in render options getting *.zpic file, but it did not load Automatically with the *.pic file as I read, it just did not, am I missing anything?

All on All I heard that the first method (2 passes is better) so I would appreciate if someone help.

Regards

Jayk2k
08-29-2003, 03:35 AM
DF should auto-magically load the .zpic portion of the sequence once it detects the pic. Now i'm not sure if they perhaps need to be in the same directory.

If they don't load for whatever reason, use 2 loaders, and channel boolean the z-depth pass into the color pass. Just be sure to check the "aux channels" in the second tab of the channel boolean.

allawy
08-29-2003, 03:52 AM
ok, I used this, and it did give me that result, but what make me questions myself is that when I turn the view to show Z channel instead of color, it show different thing, so distorted version, the original Depth pass is gradiant, while the gradiant in the Z channel of boolean is not continues, and it only work with red/blue/green BG.

should I post an image? or this is the right thing?

Jayk2k
08-29-2003, 06:13 AM
I'm not sure i understand.

The image in Z will be displayed as ranges or bands, but this is usually to show greater fiedelity.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.