PDA

View Full Version : A study plan and best books to do 'studies' of

Whirlwind123
01-29-2010, 03:27 PM
This is my current goal/study plan in a particular order (important). I am not sure how how realistic or correct it is and would love to know your thoughts.

1) 2D studies from paper-- First I will work on being able to copy something from paper easily enough (I figure if I cant copy from 2D surface to 2D surface then copying from life is going to be a problem
-- In copying masterworks and analysing them will also learn anatomy, construction and perspective exercises.2) 3D Studies from life-- The aim would be to do a representational study not photo-realistic.
-- Using skills from 1 but adding the extra step of transforming the 3D space I see to paper
-- Again concentration on anatomy and perspective3) Studies from imagination-- Now that I would be able to copy pictures easily enough and translate what I see to page I can now try and draw from memory and imagination.
4) Finally learning technique for good line quality, shading, digital painting etc.-- This will come also while doing 1. 2. and 3. but only when I have a firmer grip on 1. 2 and to a lesser extent 3. can I start to concerntrate on technique and media.
Hopefully the second question isnt too similar to other threads. Im talking about the best books to copy/do studies from.

These are the ones I know.

1. Bridman
2. Hogarth (disputed a-lot on this forum but at the moment I like looking at his drawings which is enough for me to want copy them
3. Loomis
4. Vilppu
5. Sheldon (currently what I am concentrating on mostly)
6. Bammes ?

... Discuss http://conceptart.org/forums/images/ca_smilies/normal/anj_smiley.gif

CGTalk Moderation
01-29-2010, 03:27 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.