PDA

View Full Version : Can you help me with perspective?

avagoyamug
01-28-2010, 09:45 AM
Hey guys,

as you can see below, I try to practice comicstyle drawing and coloring at the moment, but I terribly suck at the backrounds... I just never practised environments enough, so I guess I'll have to start now!

Do you guys have any advice for me, on how to create a convincing perspective and on how to draw environments more realisticaly and interessting?

The example is a piece I work on since yesterday... I tried to draw a perspective grid, but I seem to have failed! ^^
How do you guys draw your perspective guidelines in PS? is there a function or a trick, that helps?

tpalamar
01-28-2010, 03:06 PM
I know this is an overkill, but with my minimal drawing skills, I build a 3D model of just cubes and such to get the right perspective and then bring a snapshot of that into Photoshop.

vapsman88
02-02-2010, 05:21 AM
Here is a brush set with perspective grids that may help:

http://photoshop-free-brushes.com/?s=perspective&search=Search

John

giacinti
02-22-2010, 03:03 AM
I agree with tpalamar, making a 3D scene can help speed up the process to get perspective the way you want it before you even start to draw.

However, you can also use a flat grid image, put it in a new layer and use 'control-t' (transform) and control-click the corners to deform the plane into a faux perspective guide.

hope this helps!

Katzenminze
04-01-2010, 03:48 PM
hey, if you need to get this done quickly (for a job or assignment) use the 3d model help to block out an interesting perspective and then place the creature inside this perspective (youll be suprised how much the "human" form also is affected by perspective, dont forget that when you put it in). if you want to actualyl learn how to illustrate comics you should spend time to really understand the rules of perspective so that you dont need croches like 3d mdoels to get it right, also think about how to make the scene interesting, your composition is very centered at the moment, nto very dramatic, maybe you can shift the vanishing points to one side to get a more dramatic look? or look up from below the monster!

CGTalk Moderation
04-01-2010, 03:48 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.