PDA

View Full Version : Why buy Animate 4????

dragonfollower
08-28-2003, 05:15 PM
OK,

I'm trying to decide if I want to upgrade or not. I have Animate 3.3 and it does pretty much everything I want it to. If I upgraded, the only thing that I know I would need is the endomorph support.

Sooo, to those of you who have upgraded to 4, what other reasons are there for upgrading? I've looked on the PMG site and they really don't have much info on the new features. So, I'm hesitant to upgrade based on a feature list. I've done this before and have gotten burned. You guys have played around with the software and by now hopefully know what works (and what doesn't). Care to share?

-Brian

maks
08-28-2003, 05:22 PM
Motion Dynamics
Armatures
Autorig
Multiple Undos
New shortcuts (like for saving)
Many new commands
API
Motion Baking
Improved NLA (compose)

and, not to forget: access to all new plugins the will be developped by third parties...!

:)
M.

Jonathan
08-28-2003, 05:33 PM
I have to admitt that autorig KICKS ASS!!!!!! I just finished rigging a basic biped in less than ten minutes, this included adding armatures. And the rig itself is flexible and easy to work with. It is an incredible tool. Now all I need to do is add my hold and muscle bones and this bitch will be ready to roll in about 2 hours tops. I am simply amazed at how well it's working so far.

I'm still having trouble with weights so far but I'll get it with the aid of some clever people if need be.

The multiple undos are heaven sent for a lightwave user like myself. I'm so used to having only 1 undo in layout that I found myself giggling when I did it twice.

Right now I'm experimenting with the walker seeing if I can get it to work and then I'm going to jump into compose. YESSS!!!! I am awestruck!

Julez4001
08-28-2003, 09:15 PM
Wait a few weeks until Fred and crew can put some stuff on the site and update the docs. Lyle says they are working on the 4.0 Demo now.....

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.