PDA

View Full Version : India or Abroad...?

anyz3n
01-26-2010, 03:18 PM
Hi..!!

As for my background, I'm from India, have completed Masters degree and have worked with a company as a graphic designer for around a year. I am really interested in specializing in animation, but knowledge of modeling , rigging and other stuff is also necessary. I have no art background as such. Never really sat down and started drawing after my early days of life but if given time and patience, i can try my hand on it once again.

Please let me know what you think should be the right step and course for me to do and please suggest me if going abroad without any prior knowledge about animation is a good idea?

I have thought about joining an institute, but the course structure they have is very vast and they claim to finish off foundation+specialization+6 month training in 12 Months!! And not to forget they have a part time course, 3 hrs every alternate day. Even though the faculty is excellent, i'm not sure whether 6 months of part time education can teach me the roots about animation and other stuff.

Which is why I am thinking to go abroad. I've laid out a couple of universities/colleges in US,Canada,UK. The only thing that's stopping me to go is the fact that the course duration in US, UK or Canada is again one year (full time). But i'm still not sure enough that 1 yr for a beginner like me who knows a squat about animation, is good enough to learn and specialize in something.

A little guidance would help me ....

Thanks http://www.cgtantra.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif

Darkprasanth
02-15-2010, 12:18 PM
The thing is, if you are looking to work efficiently and professionally in this field definitely opt for a college abroad, because the industry is new in India and there is not yet any well recognised college for this education. Even if studying abroad for this field may a bit costly its worth every penny.

CGTalk Moderation
02-15-2010, 12:18 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.