PDA

View Full Version : sculpting problem in z brush . need help !

vins2010
01-25-2010, 02:11 PM
hi friends ! i have been sculpting a model in zbrush , and now when i am almost 80% done with it i came across a problem that i can't resolve..problem is that when i try to use smooth brush on a certain spot of my model the whole model just gets messed up completely and its working absolutely fine everywhere but just that spot.....i checked the geometry in maya and found no problem in it.. tried exporting the base and reimporting it but nothing is working....m stuck :cry: dont want start it all over again:cry:

leigh
01-25-2010, 02:26 PM
Please READ THE STICKY THREADS BEFORE YOU POST. These threads are NOT allowed in General Discussions. This is a ZBrush question, so post in the Zbrush forum, please.

:banghead:

vins2010
01-25-2010, 02:30 PM
cool! sorry i m new to this site..:)

mattlev6
01-26-2010, 03:42 PM
hey vins,

this might not be the perfect solution, but when i've had this problem in the past, i solved it by stepping down the subdiv levels and isolating what the lowest level is that the problem is visible on, then fixing it on that level with smooth and/or move tools. then step up to the next level and touch it up on that one, and so on for each level until you're back at the highest. in my experience, this works almost all the time.

if anyone has a better fix for the issue, i'd love to know it too!

CGTalk Moderation
01-26-2010, 03:42 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.