PDA

View Full Version : [Portfolio] - Andrew Wood

shinobix
01-25-2010, 03:16 AM
Hey All,
Just put a website together to have an online version of my portfolio handy.

I'm currently looking for work as a Senior / Lead Environment Artist.

Any crits / comments about the site layout / design would be appreciated. Due to the nature of most of my content being professional work, wireframes / texture flats aren't included/allowed.
I'll be adding more personal work in the coming weeks which will have wireframes/texture flats/bling etc etc.

Cheers!

Link: www.andrew-wood3d.com (http://www.andrew-wood3d.com)

PredatorGSR
01-25-2010, 05:52 AM
Your work looks awesome. One thing I would suggest would be to slightly decrease your image size to 960, which is the the standard web size. The reason I say that is that I've looked at the stats for visitors to my site, and a huge percentage use 1280x1024 monitors. I'm guessing that a lot of HR are using 19" monitors. With a bookmark sidebar in Firefox, it just crops the side of your images. I have the same issue with my own site, which I'm planning on fixing.

One other thing is that I would recommend having an html version of your resume along with the links to the downloadable version. Its nice to be able to take a quick look at a resume before downloading it for later use.

Other than that, great layout and work.

shinobix
01-25-2010, 06:31 AM
Thanks for the tips there PredatorGSR!

I'll definitely look into adjusting things a bit. As for the resume page, I've got an abreviated blurb about what I do, where my experience is etc, with links the resume formats at the bottom now. I think it looks a little nicer :D

Cheers!

CGTalk Moderation
01-25-2010, 06:31 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.