PDA

View Full Version : Infastructure / pipeline

twuelfing
01-25-2010, 01:45 AM
I am looking for a good source of information about render farm architecture, client to data center architecture and any other relevant IT support related to visual effects.

I currently manage a 75 node render farm with 12 submitting artists and am in the process of working on a new data center solution. That being said I work at an engineering company with a very large independent IT department and they don't quite get the difficulties with managing the kind of data we move around for HD video and effects production.

does anyone know of a magazine, journal or any professional source of information on any of these topics?

the solution I am pitching is a 10GbE connection to a 4tb near term storage array, and a 6tb backup array. This connection would extend to the artists and editors.

if anyone has experience with 10GbE on clients please let me know your experiences.

thanks

CGTalk Moderation
01-25-2010, 01:45 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.