PDA

View Full Version : CG Animation 2010 Challenge, Jon

Jrbryso
01-25-2010, 01:17 AM
Hey Guys, Posting a new WIP for the new year challenges.

WIP Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CQh7aFfzpE)
Thanks

Jrbryso
01-25-2010, 01:20 AM
O forgot to mention, he is freaking because he set is tree on fire, After effects or dynamics will fix that later.

ankheilw
01-26-2010, 02:40 PM
Hey Jrbryso,

I can't seem to see your video. The link goes to youTube, but it says that the video you requested is unavailable.

Jrbryso
01-27-2010, 03:26 AM
Hey I dunno why it didnt upload onto youtube. But here is the re uploaded vid, Dont worry Im taking out the wonky camera soon.

here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwrlHrjhrIs)

ankheilw
01-27-2010, 04:07 AM
Hey Jrbryso,

I was able to see the movie just fine. I am having a hard time following the action. Some of that is the camera, but a lot of it is the timing. All of the beats seem to be the same. There is a great chance for a dramatic pause before he lights the roman candle, then another as he watches it in the air.

His reaction also seems a little weird. In your previous post, you described it as "freaking out", but here, he looks almost disappointed. You could get away with the use of fire effects all together if you have him, duck quickly into his reaction, flash the screen, and then cut to a shot of him holding on to the tree, with everything singed. That is a very Looney Toons approach, but might be easier with the short deadline.

One last thing you might consider adding is a funny beat at the end. If he's holding on to what is left of the tree, he could slide down, hit the ground, and faint. Really push it and have the tree fall over on him quickly or something like that.

Sorry to go on, just throwing out ideas.

Good luck and keep up the good work.

CGTalk Moderation
01-27-2010, 04:07 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.