PDA

View Full Version : character : metal head space pirate WIP

BobbyKarate
08-28-2003, 05:39 AM
work in progress, have the head modeled and textured still working on the rest of the body at the moment any critz?? things I could do to improve and how to do it maybe??? I'm using Max5 and photoshop. Just kinda learned a little bit about how to work the uvw's so I'm still working on learning how to clean stretching and what not.

BobbyKarate
08-28-2003, 05:41 AM
yeah I just realized to get the image small enough to be posted it loses all quality so maybe no need for a crit sorry. Wont post again till I get my own web site(hopefully soon). Again I apologize for wasting space.

Teckniel
08-28-2003, 09:50 PM
if you want i can host your zebsite no ads ans its free

mail me @ teckniel@tecknieldesigns.com or send a pm

jscarr
08-29-2003, 01:46 AM
Now THAT is a nice piece of work. Is it your original design? I really like it - has a lot of character and good design.

Only suggestions would be that the hair looks too grainy and could use some differentiation in the color.

And the metal plate on the head -- looks suspiciously like it divides the head in half. Try an off-center, angeled version and I think it would look more geniune.

Very nice! Can't wait to see the full version.
-Joe

BobbyKarate
08-29-2003, 02:19 AM
yeah its an original, no concept for it. I'm making it up as I go. The only guidlines for the character is that he is going to be a pilot of a mech, so he has to fit in the cockpit. I'm not sure how to change the hair texture actually, cause its just a series of splines, I dont have access to any plugins, so right now its just a phong shader with a grey color. Ill post a wire frame and progress a.s.a.p. hopefully Teckniel, you can help me out that would be great.

Teckniel
08-29-2003, 06:01 AM
i emaild you with the information im back online in about 8.30 ouwers cause i need to work

FloydBishop
08-29-2003, 08:33 PM
Very nice. It kind of reminds me of the character in "The Dark Crystal"...

http://www.geocities.com/aaronbcaldwell/Aughra.jpg

Is it possible for you to post a larger image somewhere?

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.