PDA

View Full Version : Animation - walk cycles please critique

Matt Leishman
08-28-2003, 05:37 AM
please critique and help me get better!!!!

regular walk cycle (http://www.devourax.com/animations/walkcycleNormal.mpg)

funkified walk cycle (http://www.devourax.com/animations/walkCycleEnhanced.mpg)

feel free to right click and save target as, so you can watch it in your movie player to have it loop!

one
08-28-2003, 08:43 PM
You need to show more frames....there isn't even a cycle there....

Matt Leishman
08-28-2003, 08:48 PM
if you right click and "save the target as" on those links you will then be able to save the movies to your hard drive. then when you look at them using windows media player (or whatever player you use) you can loop them, and then you will see the full walk cycle (over and over again til your heart's content). Thus the term "Walk Cycle".

:lightbulb

Ebola0001
08-28-2003, 11:47 PM
i don't like the head/shoulder bob in the cycle it makes him look weird.

and somehow he looks like hes limping

and theres no weight shift for carrying the boom box.

those are what i think

Matt Leishman
08-28-2003, 11:55 PM
I guess I could have got a little carried away with the overlapping action and follow through in my walk, that could probably lead to weird head bobs, and the possible limping look.

I agree with the weight shift thing, good point.

Thanks for the constructive crit, that's why i'm posting here.

Matt Leishman
08-29-2003, 06:09 PM
Is there no one else amongst the amazing animators that frequent this site who will critique my measly little walk cycles?

:D

BnE
08-30-2003, 05:41 PM
i like a lot the way he walks, but i think you should have more counteractions for the fingers/hands and for the feet, even if it's hard to notice on the feet when you play the walk cycle at 25fps.
Applying counter actions on the members gives more flexibility to the movements and more weight to the character... and also i would say that the feet should go a little bit higher during the passing position. That's all i can say. i really like your little guy! i hope this will help you...

Matt Leishman
08-30-2003, 09:20 PM
Thanks BnE,

You've made some good points that I've never noticed before. I'll keep those in mind - big help!

BnE
08-30-2003, 09:56 PM
see my face, i'm glad i could help!
:beer:

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.