PDA

View Full Version : Animated Solid Mask needs fixed texture in AE

serpentbird
01-23-2010, 12:01 AM
Hello- I have an animated mask shape created out of several mask paths...

I would like to fill this mask with a picture file that is fixed to the mask as it moves... so if the mask grows- I would like the picture within it, to grow as well.

Normally the mask will simply reveal what is beneath it, but I would like to somehow lock what is beneath it, to the mask geometry. I hope I am being clear. Is this possible?

ernpchan
01-23-2010, 05:16 PM
You could use the layer that has your masks as a track matte and hand scale your photo layer when your masks scale up. Offhand I don't think you can tie your mask animation to the scale value of your photo layer. Your masks are scaling because you've animated the points so they're not really scaling, you're just translating points.

The other route would be to remove the animation of your mask scaling and scale up the mask layer itself. Then you could parent your photo layer to the mask layer so your mask and photo would scale up at the same time.

CGTalk Moderation
01-23-2010, 05:16 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.