PDA

View Full Version : 3D CHALLENGE #1 - Aiman Akhtar

aiman3d
01-22-2010, 05:13 PM
Decided to focus on composition and lighting in this challenge since those are the things I am weakest in. Believe it or not, had a wooden Stegasaurus sitting on my desk which my dad got me from a nearby Pearl which is going out of business. As soon as I saw the triceratops I knew their love was meant to be.

Just flushed out the concept. I call this image "Bad Timing..."

Revitgnome
01-23-2010, 04:14 AM
Nice,

Can't wait to see the 3d models.

aiman3d
01-29-2010, 04:10 AM
Heya Marcus, thanks for the encouragement.
Started the scene out in 3D, made my stegosaurus and started doing some lighting and layout. Gotta long ways 2 go but its headed in the right direction.

aiman3d
02-06-2010, 05:24 PM
Been working a bit more, adding details, more models, lighting and textures trying to create the overall atmosphere and mood. I think its working great but just wondering if the composition would be better served if the image was taller...might try that out.

aiman3d
02-17-2010, 03:18 AM
Final for now...Decided to use it as a valentine's day card. Making it taller was a good decision I think it helped the composition and I got to paint a pretty sky ;)

aiman3d
02-27-2010, 06:40 PM
Final for now again. Made it taller, blurred some background stuff. Maybe I'll revisit this next valentine's day.

CGTalk Moderation
02-27-2010, 06:40 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.