PDA

View Full Version : Character: Stitch from Milo&Stitch

Solace9
08-28-2003, 01:30 AM
http://solace9ca.tripod.com/

Program:
Lightwave 3D 7.5

This is my second day's spare time that i've put into this character.
Please, comment on the model's form and setup for animation deformation via bones [bones have not been added yet].

Once i get feedback on the model, i'll get to textureing.

Thnx!

L&R:
S9:Micah

clusterfuq
08-29-2003, 12:59 AM
i love that film so much, tho i think you mean lilo, not milo.

model is looking cool, tho hard to tell when he's not posed at all, to me his legs look a little long, but then again he's quite hunched in the film. you gonna be animating him, cos that would be fun!

make him an elvis suit too!

jscarr
08-29-2003, 02:42 AM
Hi Micah!

He's coming along... looks like a stylized version of the original. Cute interpretation!

I had to model him and a few other L&S characters - check out their approval sheets in the "3D" section: http://www.machine3d.com

It was really helpful for me to print out a bunch of reference shots and had them posted on the wall around the monitor -- makes it easy to refer to the source and accurately model.

Good luck!
-Joe

Solace9
08-29-2003, 06:12 AM
You really nailed the likeness of Stitch, Joe.
Thank you for sharing your work!
You reasearched your subject and it really shows.
In particulare, I really like your modeling of his hands and feet...
Do you have anywire frames?
I would love to take a look at those because, as is, i certainly cheated by simplifying them.

I was only working from a single image of him sitting down, looking cute. I haven't even seen the movie...
I didn't do my research and it really shows.
I've been schooled. :)

It's back to modeling for me. :)

Thnx guys!
:beer:

L&R,
S9: Micah

jscarr
08-29-2003, 06:40 AM
I wouldn't say schooled... heck, it was a job and we were given style books and tons of other stuff! ;)

Will dig up those wires for ya - may take a few days...

-j

Solace9
08-29-2003, 07:31 AM
Oh, nice, so they really went to work to give you the right resources then, very nice.

I look forward to seeing the wires. No worries about the time factor.

And, just so you know, i know alot of kids put a pessimistic spin on the expression "schooled", but for me, when i get shown great work that allows me to improve/learn, then i'm quite ecstatic, especially if the person is active in the industry.

:thumbsup:

L&R,
S9:Micah

KolbyJukes
09-01-2003, 01:03 AM
Nice stitch!

It's funny. Up until a week ago, I had never seen a 3d stitch, I love the character, so one day I say 'hey! I'll model it!' So, a day later, I'm done modelling. Then a couple of my friends find a hairy stitch on xsibase.com 's frontpage, now this one! He's become a popular 3d character it seems, here's a pic of mine (about 5 hours so far):
http://www.vfs.com/~3d44kol/Kolby%20Stitch.JPG
The main thing I gotta say is...watch the shape of the body/length of extremities. his lower body's shape/length bothers me somewhat, but you are interpreting the character, so...anything goes i suppose!

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.