PDA

View Full Version : InitialParticleSE, am I doing it wrong?

Mattea
01-22-2010, 10:14 AM
Hi, I've got a little problem when creating particle emitters. I suspect I'm changing things the wrong way.
The way I've been changing material on my particles so far has been through InitialParticleSE where I change the default particleCloud for a new one, then ofcourse when I import another particle emitter from another scene which I've done the same thing to, they share the same InitialParticleSE and then get the same colour, would appreciate if someone pointed me in the right direction on what I should actually be doing in order to achieve the result I want, particles that doesn't share the same materials when importing them.

Wick3dParticle
01-22-2010, 06:57 PM
Hey Mattias,

You could just go ahead and create a new particle cloud shader in the hypershade (its under volumetric shaders) and rename it. Then just assign the shader to the particles, rather than changing the shading group. If you do that for both scenes and each shader has a unique name, I dont see how they will conflict.

Hope that helps,

~Ilan

Mattea
01-28-2010, 01:27 PM
Thanks for your help! I did what you said and turns out it works the way I want it to work now.

CGTalk Moderation
01-28-2010, 01:27 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.