PDA

View Full Version : NEW LW-Tutorial DVD...released!!!

carnera
08-28-2003, 12:39 AM
Dear Lightwavers ;)

we would like to announce the release of our LW-Tutorial DVD - modeling a complete character in Lightwave 3D -

Feel free to visit the official website under

LW-Tutorial DVD (http://www.carnera3d-seminars.de)

We have developed our own capture codec to provide the best screen quality. Further the DVD has 2 different modes ... a TV- mode and a PC-mode. Plus the DVD will contain object files, scenes files and textures.
The DVD has 2 language channels (english / german).

We hope you like it and feel free to contact us (info@carnera3d-seminars.de) for any questions

proton
08-28-2003, 12:54 AM
It's about time:shame:

I've been waiting for this for awhile now......looks killer...just what the community needs. My order has been placed....I'm now waiting for it to arrive:thumbsup:

Thanx for creating this and sharing your skills!:beer:

fourd
08-28-2003, 12:58 AM
Looks very good. My birthday will be here on the 3rd so this will be a nice present, but I think I will wait for the next video..I can never have enuf rigging video's! Looking forward to your upcoming DVD's for sure!

leigh
08-28-2003, 12:59 AM
Looks awesome, Carnera :)

Character modelling is certainly a good choice for a tutorial DVD, since it's something so many people struggle with! But I am sure you know that already :beer:

Proton, you madman - why are you ordering character modelling tutorials when you've already modelled thousands of characters LOL :D

Well, Carnera, good luck with sales!

proton
08-28-2003, 01:39 AM
I love learning how other people model....lord knows I wing it everytime I model :)

You can never have enuff tips and tricks.....that's why I try and get as many resources as I can :beer:

carnera
08-28-2003, 02:01 AM
proton:
yes..i know it took longer than expected...ouch.. but during the production we worked on game-cinematics....i feel like i havent slept for month ... well when i look into the mirror....i look like i havent slept for ages....lol ;)

leigh: thanks..lets see if the people will like it (i think so.. ;;))

btw...the screenshots that are shown represent the capture-quality.. ;) so no blurry things and its smooooottthhhhh

powerwave3d
08-28-2003, 03:28 AM
Just placed my order ;) Can't wait

Carm3D
08-28-2003, 03:41 AM
There's a spelling error on this (http://www.carnera3d-seminars.de/dvd_product01.html) page..

"none organic modeling" should be "non-organic" or "inorganic."

sketchyjay
08-28-2003, 04:28 AM
Do you show UV texturing?

J

nessjp
08-28-2003, 05:49 AM
I am not able to visit this site.
It just tries to load forever without fully doing so.
Perhaps the site is so overwhelmed with Lightwavers right now?

carnera
08-28-2003, 11:30 AM
Powerwave3D:
;))...thanks for ordering ;)

Carm3D: thanks for hunting bugs. ;) we will fix the spelling mistakes asap.....hey...but it wasnt my fault.. markus (my partner)
did the page...lol

sketchyjay:
well, sorry i have to say no. ;( uv-texturing is a complete huge section. the dvd has its focus on modeling the character and creating hair using saslight... but i can tell you that our forthcoming dvds will cover interesting topics like "character animation" and "lw8 and its new power features" (as soon as its out)

nessjp:
uppss..it should work. maybe your internet provider has connection problems to Germany. anyway here are some direct links to the screenshots and to the english teaser video

LW-DVD-Teaser ...english (http://www.carnera3d-seminars.de/videos/LW_Tutorial_Eng.mov)

Screenshots (http://www.carnera3d-seminars.de/pics_layout.html)

DVD info-Page (http://www.carnera3d-seminars.de/dvd_product01.html)

Carm3D
08-28-2003, 11:42 AM
> thanks for hunting bugs. ;)

No worries.. Good luck with your DVD.. I am king-modeler, but I look forward to other discs you have to offer.

ghopper
08-28-2003, 12:49 PM
Great to see the DVD is finally out and what an amazing price :thumbsup:

Just a few questions though :

Is there a detailed TOC somewhere ?

What modeling method does this tutorial cover ( box modeling, patch modeling, etc ) ?

How many hours is this tutorial ?

I haven't seen the DVD teaser yet, but does this tutorial show how to create the character which is on the DVD cover ?

Thx

carnera
08-28-2003, 02:21 PM
hi ghopper:

sorry theres no TOC yet...we will do some modifications on the page anyway and we will add a TOC list. ;)
but to give you a rough overview about the topics

- head modeling
- hair using saslight
- cloth modeling (jacket, gloves, boots, pants, shirt)
- gun modeling
- eyepatch modeling

i will show box modeling and i think i will use 5 tools to model the entire character. so in a very optimized and fast way ;)

btw its a DVD 9, so you can access / read the rom part (objects, scenes and textures) on PC and Mac.

the DVD has a playtime of ca. 165 minutes and yes, the character on the cover will be modeled ;)

ghopper
08-28-2003, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by carnera
the DVD has a playtime of ca. 165 minutes and yes, the character on the cover will be modeled ;)

Wicked !

For that price you can't really go wrong.

Thx for the info.

ghopper
08-28-2003, 02:47 PM
Just watched the DVD teaser and placed an order ;)

What I really like about your tutorial is that the stuff you learn to build actually looks good and professional. I know it's mainly about learning the techniques etc, but I just prefer learning to model a good looking model rather than a simple looking one.

Looking forward to see more tutorials from you.

nessjp
08-28-2003, 04:00 PM
I do not get it.
I am using the latest internet explorer with default settings.
I cannot view this site. I even disabled my firewall, but I have been to this site before. What the hell?

Sil3
08-28-2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by nessjp
I do not get it.
I am using the latest internet explorer with default settings.
I cannot view this site. I even disabled my firewall, but I have been to this site before. What the hell?

Did u installed any Add Pop bloker or Addware sites bloker? I did some time ago and for strange reason some sites i could not view them to. Even installing Netscape didnt solve my problem, but i have reinstaled the OS again and dont have those problems anymore.

fig
08-28-2003, 05:11 PM
are there any detailed images showing the final character? looks pretty good from the cover and video, i was just curious what sort of detail he's got :)

chris

Miyazaki
08-28-2003, 05:42 PM
@Andras
1. Can I pay 'per Nachnahme'?
2. Is it a complete time-laps DVD?
3. When will 'Sacred' :buttrock: be released?

3D-Eagle
08-28-2003, 06:46 PM
Hi,

Not funny at all...I can not load the site either! I disabled my firewall and set the security settings in IE to the lowest possible and still it would not work (using the latest service pack for IE + patches).

Can you perhaps send me the DVD for free instead?

Enjoy Sunshine in Life

Ole

fig
08-28-2003, 07:15 PM
weird that there's so many problems with the site, i'm in a defense contractor's building and i can see it just fine :)

chris

carnera
08-28-2003, 07:35 PM
ghopper:
exactly!! that was our goal! not to show how the basic tools are working (there are already so many books and tutorials about the basic handling of the tools available)... our goal was to show how to use specific tools in specific situations...and at the end to have a detailed character modeled.

nessjp: do you still have problems viewing the page?? please let me know, i can send you some screenshots and the direct link to the english teaser video
btw. the price for the DVD is 49,-Euro/ US $ including shipping ;)

fig:
i´ve uploaded the front cover image...it shows the character that will be modeled in the DVD

DVD Cover (http://www.carnera3d-seminars.de/LW_DVD_Character.jpg)

Miyazaki :
1: yes you can pay "per nachnahme" :cool:
2: the entire character will be modeled...not always realtime but i promise that you wont miss anything....and you wont say "..hey..but how did he modeled the ear!?!?"...and the screen quality is so coooooollll
3: sacred was shown on the games convention. it looks very good! the presentations were always crowded ...so the gamers like the game ;)))...and hell its looks really cool...

3D-Eagle:....mhhh the page is hosted in germany.....i can send you screenshots and the direct link to the english teaser video...please let me know ;)

rolman
08-28-2003, 09:17 PM
there still seems to be a problem getting to your site. Tried two computers.

carnera
08-28-2003, 09:25 PM
rolman:
what does it say??. ...any error messages?

thanks in advance..

IRONIC3D
08-28-2003, 09:49 PM
Hi Carnera

I still can't view the site even with your shortcuts that you've sent me. I want to place an order but how if I can't view the site?

Are there any other link to other sites?

Please advice and thanks in advance

I3D

rolman
08-28-2003, 09:55 PM
all I get is a white screen with no data transfering. I tried all the links provided in the thread , still no go. Is it a standard html site or flash ? perhaps I am missing a plug-in ,but it's not asking for anything.

carnera
08-28-2003, 10:06 PM
upss..strange...we will check everything....and we will find a solution...somehow ;)
(btw. we dont use any special web plugins like flash.. .)

thanks for you patience

IRONIC3D
08-28-2003, 10:09 PM
carnera I was able to view the site using Anonymizer but I can't order because the link is hidden and the Trial version of anonymizer dosn't allow access to secure sites with the trial version. can you provide the link? :beer:

Thanks in advance

I3D

One more thing, can you consider dealing with another paying site that PayPal because I can't make an account for my region.

milqman
08-28-2003, 10:09 PM
the webpage works for the most part fine on my comp... w2000, mozilla firebird 0.6.1

telamon
08-28-2003, 11:10 PM
ordered :beer:

the trailer looks so fine.

I will love it anyway...

carnera
08-28-2003, 11:15 PM
:)))

the DVD has a special "main-menu"....but you will see. ;)))

fig
08-28-2003, 11:24 PM
cool carnera, thanks for the pic :thumbsup: this will definitely go on my list of training materials to buy...

chris

telamon
08-29-2003, 12:03 AM
carnera hmmmm how to say hmmmm... I do not know if I clicked on the right language :surprised . Basically, I would prefer the english version... My German is definitely too poor.

carnera
08-29-2003, 12:15 AM
lol....dont be afraid...
you can switch between english and german anytime you want....i mean its a good way to learn german...lol....mhh..well i have to add that i am hungarian....so german is not my mother tongue..... but i gave my best... lol

telamon
08-29-2003, 12:21 AM
good, that may be a good reason for switching back to German. It is a language I used to speak very well.

Some 20 years ago :scream:

by the way, I am french and neither German nor English are my mother tongue. We all have to adapt in an international community like this one.

minus
08-29-2003, 12:57 AM
w00t! --- Nice Suprise.
Ordered it within 5 minutes of reading this post.
The screenshots look great.. so does the modeling.
I like the method (box modeling) so I'm in.

Didn't see the .mov sample yet as I have codec issues at work here... but I'm sold without it.

Great Price! :thumbsup:

peterpro
08-29-2003, 01:19 AM
way to go =)

congrats!!

nessjp
08-29-2003, 01:33 AM
[QUOTE]
nessjp: do you still have problems viewing the page?? please let me know, i can send you some screenshots and the direct link to the english teaser video
btw. the price for the DVD is 49,-Euro/ US $ including shipping ;)
QUOTE]

Yes, I am still having problems. I have done everything, but cannot view this site.

I was able to check it out at work today though and placed my order! Looks great and good price!

It looks as if there is plans to do more?

One of the screen shots shows this guy textured. Can this possibly be covered in this DVD as well? UV mapping?

If there is plans for another and texturing is not in this one, might I suggest that for the next DVD? That would be swell!

Locutus
08-29-2003, 03:41 AM
I can't view either.
:hmm:

carnera
08-29-2003, 09:28 AM
minus:
thanks man ;)
the box-modeling method is in my personal opinion one the best methods (btw. i learned it from taron :buttrock: ) some people have problems with building something out of a simple box, i am telling them to think or to work with it like with clay, with the difference that you never run out of material. i model nearly everything out of boxes (okay sometimes tubes ;)
btw. the teaser videos are sorenson 3 compressed.

nessjp: we will check it. but good to hear that you could view it at work and thanks for placing the order ;)
yes, we are planing to release more DVDs this year but its not our daily work, running our own graphic studio is very time consuming but it gives us good inspirations for new DVDs.
all i can say is that we are waiting for the release of lw8. i promise that we wont show basic lw8 functions, we will cover more interesting topics maybe a complete project....lets see...
no, unfortunately we wont cover uv-mapping in this DVD. i think uv-mapping+texturing with all its secrets can fill a complete DVD.

locutus: what kind of browser and system are you using?

sketchyjay
08-29-2003, 09:40 AM
UV mapping can fill a whole CD.. guess the next dvd is staring you in the face. Just kidding, but a UV mapping DVD should be given thought.

There are no training videos on UV mapping that I know of.

j

nessjp
08-29-2003, 05:50 PM
Hmmm...
Today I can view the site.
How about other people that were not able to view yesterday like me?

Nemoid
08-29-2003, 07:55 PM
the box-modeling method is in my personal opinion one the best methods (btw. i learned it from taron :buttrock: ) some people have problems with building something out of a simple box, i am telling them to think or to work with it like with clay, with the difference that you never run out of material. i model nearly everything out of boxes (okay sometimes tubes ;)
btw. the teaser videos are sorenson 3 compressed.

I had seen the front cover and screenshots , so I think this is a great DVD for me! I am interested in the box modelling, and i do it, but I have a lot to learn yet in how to detail a realistic and complete animatable human character very well.

since I think this technique is the best one I think I will place my order!!! :scream:

Locutus
08-29-2003, 09:18 PM

locutus: what kind of browser and system are you using?
I'm using WinXP with IE6 both at work and home, but I can't see it at home....strange.
Anyway, I'm at work and I can it now.... it looks cool. I'll be looking into buying it as well.
:thumbsup:

3D-Eagle
08-30-2003, 12:48 AM
Good,

Just wanted you to know that I have no problems anymore with your site...guess that you found out about the "bug"! (Yesterday I could not load it neither from home or from work.)

Enjoy Sunshine in Life

Ole

xtrm3d
08-30-2003, 02:16 PM
coooooooollll :beer: :buttrock: :wip:

carnera
08-30-2003, 03:01 PM
ufff...i just returned from moving house.....man that was a horror....i am not born to carry heavy things....
new flat....the dvd is released....game cinematics are finished...

and now i am back....lets see what happend in the last hours..

sketchjay:
well....we will think about it ;)
when i think of uv-mapping .... tools like deeppaint or bodypaint2
or deep-uv come into my mind.....further i think talking about how to handle uv-mapping in lw is maybe to little to talk 3 hours about it....lets see ...uv-mapping is on my list. ;)

nessjp: GOOOOOOD to hear..

nemoid: yes..box modeling rulez.....and spinquads is beside bandsaw one of my favourites...

locutus: GREAT... theres really nothing special we have used to do the page....strange...

3D-EAGLE: maybe it was a bandwidth problem...who knows...but good to hear that you could view the page ;)

xtrm3D: Prost!! :beer:

chikega
08-30-2003, 04:50 PM
Just ordered my copy, Carnera!

Yes, please do give serious consideration to detailed UV texture mapping in LW - there are very few if any tutorials that I know of.

carnera
08-30-2003, 05:10 PM
chikega:

yes, the paypal notification emails just came in.
thanks for ordering ;)

lets see what lw8 brings.;) maybe some uv-mapping improvements.?? who knows...

chikega
08-30-2003, 05:32 PM
Great! I recently upgraded to BodyPaint 2 - what a great german app ;) - does your company use DeepPaint 3d and BP2? You mentioned both previously?

I know what you mean about moving - I just moved 2 weeks ago into a new house and my body doesn't recover as quickly from lifting heavy boxes - my books were the heaviest ! :)

carnera
08-30-2003, 05:53 PM
the texture map for this character is what i´ve recently done using bp2.
but we also have deeppaint 3D....and of course photoshop

Skull (http://www.carnera3d-seminars.de/Sacred_Skull.jpg)

modeling was done in Lightwave... :)

luckily i am not really "books"-addicted.. ;) so most of my moving stuff were computer, monitors...etc.....

milqman
08-30-2003, 11:06 PM
Hey, when anyone of you whose ordered this recieves their copy, please let us all know how it it

I'm a bit curious.

MadMax
08-31-2003, 04:57 AM
ufff...i just returned from moving house.....man that was a horror....i am not born to carry heavy things....

Yeah, those houses can get pretty heavy. ;)

carnera
08-31-2003, 12:24 PM
madmax: lol....luckily it was a small house. ;)

yes....please do......we are also very interested in getting feedback.. ;) ....and constructive criticism is always welcome

LiveFlash
08-31-2003, 12:55 PM
This looks like an awsome deal!! :buttrock:

I'm from the UK, so is delivery free or do you charge for that? 49 EURO? :shrug: Also, i'm using LightWave 7 and really new to it - Will I be able to follow everything in the DVD, as you are using 7.5? :surprised

Thanks!

carnera
08-31-2003, 04:38 PM
LiveFlash:
yes....49,- EUR and the shipping costs are included to the UK

although I am showing the modeling in lw7.5 the tools I use
are available in 7.0 too. ;)....as far as I remember even Saslight was introduced in 7.0 .... so there´s really no problem if youre still using 7.0

carnera
09-01-2003, 05:35 PM
a small website update is now online.... :D

LW-Tutorial-DVD (http://www.carnera3d-seminars.de)

mlud
09-02-2003, 06:45 AM
I'm interested in the DVD, but will it work in a DVD player in the United States?

On the website, it says:
- DVD 9

- codefree

- You can play the DVD on your PC/Mac and home DVD-Player (PAL)

I don't have a DVD on my PC, but I have a standard DVD hooked to a monitor. Am I out of luck?

Miyazaki
09-02-2003, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by LiveFlash
This looks like an awsome deal!! :buttrock:

I'm from the UK, so is delivery free or do you charge for that? 49 EURO? :shrug: Also, i'm using LightWave 7 and really new to it - Will I be able to follow everything in the DVD, as you are using 7.5? :surprised

Thanks!
Why don`t using 7.5[c] ? The update from 7.0 to 7.5x is free! Just download it at the newtek website.

@Andras
I`ve just seen a cinematic sequence of sacred. Is this made by MBA? It`s the scene where a demon attacks a bold evocator. Damn cool work :thumbsup:

carnera
09-02-2003, 11:18 AM
mlud:
mhh..you can play the dvd player on pc / mac using a software-player. the dvd is produced in europe, and in europe we have the pal format instead of ntsc. some home dvd players are able to play both formats. so it really depends on your system. in your case i would (if your still interested in our dvd) recommend to buy a dvd-rom for your pc.
i am sure you can afford a dvd-rom for the same price we offer our dvd.

miyazaki:
my partner did the background and effects for the intro-sequence back when he was working at spellcraft....and now mba studios (we) made the extro-cut-scene for the game.... ;) both cinematics look great ;))))

LiveFlash
09-03-2003, 11:43 PM
Hey carnera,

I'm glad to say, i've just purchased your DVD! :thumbsup:
Now, if I can just contain myself until the DVD gets here! :drool:

carnera
09-04-2003, 09:04 AM
LiveFlash:

I think you dont need to contain yourself to long ;) lol

We have started the shipping :love:

telamon
09-04-2003, 09:30 PM
We have started the shipping :love:

:beer: :buttrock: :applause:
I will stay home until the DVD arrives

LiveFlash
09-04-2003, 09:46 PM
Me too! :drool:

Aaagh, I cant wait any longer.. I needs my precious! :blush: lol

Ok, seriously though, how long do you think I will have to wait before I can get my grubby little hands on the goods? :applause:

carnera
09-05-2003, 08:18 PM
telamon:
oh my god!...but promise me that you have enough to eat and to drink ;).....
according to the postman (you know those guys who "rule" the world.. ;) ) it will take a min of 5 days. its really fast in the US, UK, Canada..... but than its up to the local mail delivery service how fast they are. :shrug:

all i can say that we do our best ... man.... it took hours to prepare all the parcels... uffffffff

telamon
09-05-2003, 08:34 PM
five days

you are better than the vid card sellers who took 12 days to send me a bloody radeon two blocks away from my house lol.

Do not worry, I have many DVD to watch at before to receive yours :scream:

LiveFlash
09-05-2003, 08:42 PM
Great news, I cant wait for the DVD to get here.

carnera, out of curiosity, do you talk about what keys your pressing while you do you stuff as well? :surprised Beacuse I am very new to LightWave and I have tried to follow many video tutorials that just say stuff like "Grab this, apply the watcha-ma-call-it to that and click the whatever" without telling you exactly what key was pressed or where to find that tool! :thumbsdow

I know this is a rant that ONLY a newbie like me should be doing but it does bug me when I hit a wall when follwing a tutorial! :blush:

Fingers crossed! :thumbsup:

carnera
09-05-2003, 08:57 PM
liveflash:

well.....i have to say no!. i am not explaining the tools (explicitly how they work, there are many other tutorials floating around the globe explaining how the tools work etc....my goal was to show the tools in "action" and "when" to use the tools .... the goal was to show the modeling process of the complete character......it was very difficult to manage that everything fits on the dvd and that it makes sense and that the "end result" is cool... ;) )
i use a few number of tools (i have setup my own tool-tab in modeler with the tools i use most often)....you will see this tab in the video........ so no magic ;)))

LiveFlash
09-05-2003, 09:04 PM
NO worries carnera!! :p

I'll just have to read the manual fully lol! I'm just a bit lazy thats all :blush: (i've never read any manual fully) but I'm still very excited about having the chance to learn something i've wanted to do for aaaages! :applause: So I think it'll be worth the homework!

So your DVD still rocks! BTW, I just downloaded your pirate rotatation video :drool: man, he looks awsome!

Keep up the good work!

Dodger_
09-05-2003, 09:40 PM
I didn't notice that this was a PAL only DVD and that there wasn't an NTSC version of it for US orders. You may want to make this a little more prominent on the information screen as some people may get a bit miffed about having to buy a DVD-ROM drive just to watch the DVD instead of using their home player if it's unsupported. I guess this will just make me get my DVD drive working in Linux again =). Please tell me that the DVD is Region 0 and is not region coded. A LOT of people from the States(including myself) will get burned if it's Region 2 like most movie DVDs produced for Europe.

carnera
09-05-2003, 10:04 PM
well...its not possible to produce a dual norm dvd (pal/ntsc) only a dvd18 would have the storage capacity for the content. but its very expensive.
the dvd is produced in pal, because pal has a higher resolution and you can watch it on your pc as well. of course the dvd is
codefree so it shouldnt be a problem for you to view it on your dvd-rom.

carnera
09-05-2003, 10:20 PM
...okay .... to be more accurate.... ;)

its a DVD video (Pal) with the code-regions 1-6 (region 1 = US...region 2 = Europe)
you can view the DVD on any DVD-ROM (with a software player)
or on any home DVD-Player that is PAL compatible.

btw. code-region 7 is for military purpose only.

telamon
09-05-2003, 10:26 PM
anyway you can also flash the firmware of your DVD system if you encounter problems to view carnera's work... (basically DVD-ROM systems are standard machines but they may happen to be "regionalised" by programming the Read Out Memory in the reader). This "blockage" can be removed almost easily ;)

DarkLight
09-08-2003, 10:22 AM
Got my copy in the post this morning :)

Looking forward to trying this now.

Monty
09-08-2003, 10:44 AM
Yo carnera, got my copy today and tried it. Sometime the audio lags a bit from the video, otherwise its fine.

Really cool tutorials. That is some fast modelling technique!

:)

carnera
09-08-2003, 11:38 AM
greetings from sunny budapest / hungary....

gooooood to hear that you have received your DVDs...... ;)))))

monty: are you from the states??? i am glad you like it ;)))

LiveFlash
09-08-2003, 03:37 PM
Hey Carnera!!

I just got my DVD today as well.. I would have posted eariler, but I was too busy watching the DVD and drooling :drool:

I've had NO problems playing the DVD and its at a very high quality as well!

It's actually very easy to follow, except for the part about the Brandsaw! :blush: IS it included with LightWave 7.5 or do I have to download it? (sorry, but I am new to this stuff).

I recommend this DVD to anybody who wants to get into Character modeling - it's awsome!

Keep up the great work carnera! :thumbsup:

carnera
09-09-2003, 04:19 PM
good to hear that the DVD arrived. ;)

and I am really happy..glad..that you like the DVD. ;)

Btw. Bandsaw comes with 7.5....i think even 7.0 had Bandsaw ...

jup...the response is really great...and we are highly motivated to release more DVDs...but we need some time ;))

mlud
09-09-2003, 05:16 PM
Anybody in the United States lucky enough to get the DVD yet?

minus
09-13-2003, 12:01 PM
Got mine yesterday.. (thursday, US).
Looked at it a bit... already learned a lot.
It's amazing how quickly the general shape is created so quickly on the head... that's all I can really comment on.

So far... I've learned...even in just skimming... the benefits of having a lot of cuts in your initial box already before modeling stuff can help a lot. Previously... I always struggled with adding detail.. or defining shape...and that's basically because I was trying to do so much with so little.

Good quality... some parts are pretty fast... but that is what the pause button is for.

Very happy I bought it so far.

telamon
09-13-2003, 01:04 PM
Got mine 4 days ago but I only had time to open it today.

It is GREAT... greater than scheduled.

Looking forward to getting the second DVD...

Carnera... hurry up please ;):beer:

carnera
09-15-2003, 05:26 PM
Minus:

great ...good to hear that the parcel found its way to you ;)))
yes..the (not to less and not to much) subdivision is really important. but theres no "real rule" about the "right" segmentation to start with....
yes, some parts are a bit fast but it had to fit on the DVD.. ;)....but I am very happy that you like it

telamon:
lol......i had to take a few days off...but know i am back!
cant say much about the next dvd....but it will show some interesting stuff. shhhhhhs.ssss....i have to stop talking about it... ;)

telamon
09-15-2003, 05:53 PM
hi carnera....

Your DVD is AWESOME...

Just one question... Do you always model that quick (particularly when you tweak the head vertices) or did you accelerate the capture process ?

One comment, concerning the saslite demo, if you plan to update the DVD... clear the sequence where you show the rendering progress.

Finally, I want to say that your DVD is a very good complement to Larry's modelling training course (the only course that I have purchased. I recommend it strongly to whoever willing to understand body modelling and LW).

Larry helps you to understand what and how we are modelling... He is very helpful to make you notice how important precision is in modelling and how important a clean polygon flow is crucial in modelling and further in animation.

Your DVD seems to me rather practical. You show how to get rid of questions about polygon flows and other important things... I do not mean that you do not take this into account :hmm: . I only want to say that you apply these crucial principles efficiently and naturally.

Congratulations again and thank you :thumbsup:

carnera
09-15-2003, 06:53 PM
telamon:

yes, sometimes the capture was accelerated.... there are a few
moments/situation when realtime was to slow. ;) i´ve gave my best to avoid to bore the audience ;)...

PaulyBarnes
09-16-2003, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by proton
I love learning how other people model....lord knows I wing it everytime I model :)

You can never have enuff tips and tricks.....that's why I try and get as many resources as I can :beer:

Smart man, I agree with you 100% always good to know how other people create their models. Find easier ways to do things and most of all be inspired. :D

dfusion
09-16-2003, 10:52 AM
Are you shipping from Europe to the U.S.? Or you have someone in the US shipping? Will LW 8 modeler be friendly with this?

Thx,
Mark

carnera
09-16-2003, 11:08 AM
Mark:

yes, we are shipping to U.S. The 49,- U.S.Dollar includes the
shipping costs. ;)
Mhhh..I think the workflow and the tools I show in the DVD are 100%
compatible with LW8.
Maybe Proton can add some infos... ;)))

chikega
09-17-2003, 06:00 PM
I received mine last Thursday, Carnera. Very nice production value. I like watching the polys and points get massaged around so quickly.

I've been using Lightwave for a number of years now ... and it's always a learning experience to watch someone else model. Sometimes, I get entrenched in one way of doing something and then I watch someone else do it more simply and I go "duh". I've already picked up a few tricks.

Looking forward to more tutorials,

carnera
09-17-2003, 10:47 PM
yes, same here... ;) i am also still learning from other artists....
"inspiration" is one of the major "keys".

the methods i am showing in the DVD i use in my daily work here at mba studios. i am always improving my methods....refine the methods....and every character is a new challenge.

new dvds are coming...for sure.. ;)

yakumo
10-06-2003, 02:50 PM
I'm a newbie, could someone like me learn from this DVd, or is this for me advanced users?

telamon
10-06-2003, 09:37 PM
I think all the users must have with this DVD. It is a good learning session

kurv
10-06-2003, 11:17 PM
I have seen this video first hand and it rocks!!! I would say it is not for beginners like myself but if you are an intermediately skilled modeler, you will learn a LOT!!

This is a must have at this price!!

Way to go Carnera! :thumbsup:

Wes -

Mechis
10-07-2003, 03:25 AM
Can anyone compare this DVD with Todd Grimes' DVDs? Thanks!!!

pelos
10-07-2003, 05:58 AM
if i want the dvd send to mexico???
is posibly?

thanks

carnera
10-07-2003, 12:00 PM
Pelos:

Yes, we are also shipping to mexico ( so far we have customers around the world ;) ...proton didnt tell that there are some lw users on the moon...but its difficult to get in contact with the dudes. lol )
Please contact me privately if you need more information....
info@carnera3d-seminars.de

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.