PDA

View Full Version : AE messed up with my file! Masks, positions, effects..

francoandrade
01-21-2010, 11:03 AM
Hello!
Yesterday I was working on AE in a animation with a Illustrator file. I used puppet tool to animate it, some effects and masks. When I finished it, I realized that the "Coninuosly Rasterize" option wasn't ON, so I turned ON for all layers. Then, I don't know how, the positions of the things, the masks, the puppet tool settings and the write-on effect was messed, all in diferent positions.
I thought that this would not be a big problem, because I hadn't save the file. I closed AE and opened again, and that problem was still in the file!

Before this happen, I saved several times the project in different files with "Increment Save". I opened the last one before the problem, and was messed like the other. All the prior files are now with this problem!! HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN?? :banghead:

I don't know how this could affect files that I wasn't using anymore!

Does anyone know WHY? Or if is possible to fix it, before doing all over again?

Here is the file:
http://francoandrade.com/stuff/Cachalot.zip 1.8Mb
(in the end of the animation, it was supposed to look like the cachalot.ai file!)

Thanks for your patience for reading this!

Mylenium
01-21-2010, 11:22 AM
Turn off CR? By its nature, Puppet cannot work with CRed files. Also resave the vector file. it may have been damaged somehow.

Mylenium

francoandrade
01-21-2010, 07:14 PM
Thanks for answering. I had to redo the work again... buggy AE, now I know that I can't CR puppet tool layers.
Bye!

CGTalk Moderation
01-21-2010, 07:14 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.