PDA

View Full Version : B-Movie Entry: Ibrahim Nahvi Ibrahim

INIX
01-20-2010, 05:34 PM
Ibrahim Nahvi Ibrahim has entered "B-Movie".

"The story of the Monster with the Long Umbilical Cord ("Foolhu Dhigu Handi")

(This is a very famous local "monster tale")

Amina Bi and Hassan Thakuru were a happily married couple. Every day Amina Bi went to the island mosque to fetch water from the well. One day when Amina Bi went to fetch the water, she saw an evil monster with a long umbilical cord sitting near the wall, filling an empty skull with sand. Amina Bi got so frightened that she ran away.

At the time her husband had gone to another island and Amina Bi was alone at home. At midnight she was woken up by some one knocking on the door. Then she heard some one call “Amina Bi Amina Bi! Did you see the monster with the long umbilical cord filling a skull with sand in the mosque?” Amina Bi in her fear replied… “no! I did not!” Then the voice disappeared.

This happened every night until Hassan Thakuru returned home. When Amina Bi told him of her plight, Thakuru decided to teach the monster a lesson. Their cottage was made of thatched coconut palm and Thakuru patched all the holes on the walls and left just one single gaping hole. He then got Amina Bi to prepare a mixture of salt and chilli, ground into a paste. He sharpened his knife and waited.

At night the monster came back and this time when he called “Amina Bi Amina Bi! Did you see the monster with the long umbilical cord filling a skull with sand in the mosque?” Amina Bi, prompted by Thakuru, replied.. “Yes I did!”

The monster gave a loud growl and began to push his umbilical cord through the hole in the wall. And as he pushed Thakuru began to gather it up. When he reached the end, Thakuru cut off the cord and slapped the chilli paste on the wound! The monster screamed in agony and was heard running away crying “oh! My umbilical cord! My umbilical cord!” and disappeared forever."

"Foolhu dhigu handi" from farah's poem collection (http://webspace.webring.com/people/gm/maldiveshores/maldives_collection.htm)

INIX
01-20-2010, 06:12 PM
Finally this time i plan on participating , but not just only participating but actually doing some work , this theme is awesome , my concept is of a folklore monster in Maldives, which have been carried out in poems and as short stories told to kids , one of the famous local stories i heard while growing up :D

"The story of the Monster with the Long Umbilical Cord ("Foolhu Dhigu Handi")

(This is a very famous local "monster tale")

Amina Bi and Hassan Thakuru were a happily married couple. Every day Amina Bi went to the island mosque to fetch water from the well. One day when Amina Bi went to fetch the water, she saw an evil monster with a long umbilical cord sitting near the wall, filling an empty skull with sand. Amina Bi got so frightened that she ran away.

At the time her husband had gone to another island and Amina Bi was alone at home. At midnight she was woken up by some one knocking on the door. Then she heard some one call “Amina Bi Amina Bi! Did you see the monster with the long umbilical cord filling a skull with sand in the mosque?” Amina Bi in her fear replied… “no! I did not!” Then the voice disappeared.

This happened every night until Hassan Thakuru returned home. When Amina Bi told him of her plight, Thakuru decided to teach the monster a lesson. Their cottage was made of thatched coconut palm and Thakuru patched all the holes on the walls and left just one single gaping hole. He then got Amina Bi to prepare a mixture of salt and chilli, ground into a paste. He sharpened his knife and waited.

At night the monster came back and this time when he called “Amina Bi Amina Bi! Did you see the monster with the long umbilical cord filling a skull with sand in the mosque?” Amina Bi, prompted by Thakuru, replied.. “Yes I did!”

The monster gave a loud growl and began to push his umbilical cord through the hole in the wall. And as he pushed Thakuru began to gather it up. When he reached the end, Thakuru cut off the cord and slapped the chilli paste on the wound! The monster screamed in agony and was heard running away crying “oh! My umbilical cord! My umbilical cord!” and disappeared forever."

"Foolhu dhigu handi" from farah's poem collection (http://webspace.webring.com/people/gm/maldiveshores/maldives_collection.htm)

This is the same story as i have heard when i was small , but in our mother-tongue (Dhivehi)

so i will be making a scene from the story , its gonna be either "The monster gave a loud growl and began to push his umbilical cord through the hole in the wall. And as he pushed Thakuru began to gather it up. When he reached the end, Thakuru cut off the cord and slapped the chilli paste on the wound!"

or

where "Amina Bi went to fetch the water, she saw an evil monster with a long umbilical cord sitting near the wall, filling an empty skull with sand. Amina Bi got so frightened that she ran away."

these scenes will be presented in a way them been played in a low-budget environment set.
i am glad in one way that there never have been a specific descriptions of the monster other then the long umbilical cords , hence i have the chance of been creative with the monsters looks :D

LadyMedusa
01-20-2010, 07:07 PM
Tme monster whit the long umbelical cord :S
Sounds creepy, and wery fit for a b-movie :p

Good luck!

ihamid
01-21-2010, 04:18 AM
aha so at last you participated in a challenge. go go with the concept sketches :D

serio
02-03-2010, 07:51 AM
Nothing to cemment yet. I just stopped by to give you a motivation :) Cheers

CGTalk Moderation
02-03-2010, 07:51 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.