PDA

View Full Version : Cobustion Hits

mef
08-27-2003, 04:30 PM
I'm working on a project in combustion where I notice that when I play back a preview, there are hits that appear in the playback. When it happens, it lasts for only one frame but goes across the entire lower third of the frame. I've tried clearing the cache and regenerating the preview, but the problem is still there in the same location. I check the original footage, but that's clean. Anybody else see this happen? And more importanly, can anyone suggest a fix or a work around?

Marc

dmeyer
08-28-2003, 01:56 AM
What do you mean by "hits?"

What type of footages are you using?

Is it happening on the footage operator or on a paint operator?

Does it happen when you render to RAM? Or out to disk?

mef
08-28-2003, 03:24 AM
When I say hits, I mean that there are imperfections in the frame of footage. A few lines of pixels are scrambled or just appear as streaks going across the screen for one frame.

The footage that I'm using is rendered footage from 3DS Max. When I check the footage outside of the combustion, it all looks perfect. Once it goes into a composition that's when I see the problems.

The problem still persists playing from ram.

Originally posted by dmeyer
What do you mean by "hits?"

What type of footages are you using?

Is it happening on the footage operator or on a paint operator?

Does it happen when you render to RAM? Or out to disk?

Alanbell
08-28-2003, 05:45 AM
Is your footage interlaced? Could the problem be present on only one field of a frame. Some times depending on the method you use to view your footage outside of combustion you might not be seeing both fields.

Something to consider
Good luck
Alan Bell

mef
08-28-2003, 06:55 AM
I have all of my footage as full frames.

Marc

xsisx
08-28-2003, 07:58 AM
i have the same problem from time to time. usually it happened in the ram-playback, sometimes then even in the working viewport & renderings.

mef
08-28-2003, 08:11 AM
Have you found a way around this?

GrantKay
09-01-2003, 10:41 AM
Hi,

are you working at BEST quality or PREVIEW quality?

Regards
Grant

DISCREET - EMEA

mef
09-01-2003, 10:11 PM
Best quality.

GrantKay
09-03-2003, 05:58 PM
Can you post a few frame here for me to look at?

Regards
Grant

DISCREET EMEA

Punkpotato
09-04-2003, 01:58 AM
I have had the same problem a few times. I think ive hit the < key or arrow key or something and all of a sudden there is a frame missing. I mean just one frame in the middle of the footage. I know that hitting < with footage selected will reduce the footage to the duration of the curent frame but this was weird it just lost a frame in the middle somehow, even at best setting and even when rendered. Whenever this happened I would just undo till it was back. Some weird bug I guess.

Punk Potato
www.feel-rock.com

dmeyer
09-04-2003, 02:20 AM
The only times i can recall seeing strange artifacting in final, or viewport, renders...is when I accidentally had left it to Hardware rendering.

mef
09-04-2003, 07:23 AM
I put the movie up on my site in both quicktime and windows media format. When you play it you'll see very quick flashes of lines going across the screen. I thought that it might be my hard drive, but I've checked it and defraged it to be sure.

http://marcflorestant.com/toastedWeb/toastedGraniteStart.html

Originally posted by GrantKay
Can you post a few frame here for me to look at?

Regards
Grant

DISCREET EMEA

GrantKay
09-05-2003, 11:55 AM
Yeah I see them.....

Looks like video drop-outs.

1) So you say they appear in the viewportduring compositing? Always in the same place?

2) When you double-click on the footage operator of each layer at the problem frame, does the drop-out appear in any of these footage operators or only the composite ?

3) Have you tried re-rendering the frame from your 3D package and bring the new frame into combustion to see if the drop out returns again?

3) Would you please make a quick workspace with 5 frames of your composite with the error on the one frame and email it to me so that I can load it on my machine to examine the problem?

My address is grant.kay@discreet.com

Regards
Grant

DISCREET EMEA

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.