PDA

View Full Version : Portfolio-CHeck out and tell me what you think! :)

08-27-2003, 03:26 PM
Here are my portfolios...what do you think?

Thanks!

RedJetAcid (http://www.redjetacid.com) My portfolio at ArtWanted (http://www.artwanted.com/808)

All I use is Raydream Studio and Photoshop for textures.

mattregnier
08-27-2003, 04:18 PM
The lineart of Doug Cenko is extremely tight. Very well thought out and good motion. The Colouring of Mike Longfield is pretty well established throughout most pieces, but lacks that extra pop, such as some sharp bright highlights. The 3D work of Robert Longfield needs a lot of work. It's looks very raydream. Possilbly try tweaking your materials to get rid of the cg plastic look in most scenes. Lens flares a no-no. On the one human pic the eye material needs a lot of work. It almost looks as if they are bubbles or glass eyes as the transparency is set soo high I can see through them.

Overall I'd say that Doug Cenko's portfolio is really close to being a complete portfolio and the other two guys need to keep working...If I had to rate the overall quality I'd give it a C since it's pretty average.

This was an artist over-all critique. If you would like crits on specific pieces in general I would repost with what you want. Generallly this forum is used to critique specific pieces of art.

When you do repost, please post the artwork in question, a wireframe of the artwork/lineart, and what software you used.

I just wish people could learn to read the rules....

drewgilbert
08-27-2003, 08:47 PM
Fantastic use of Flash for the site. I am not the best person to crit 3D, but I would have to say based on a pure aesthetic that the first piece seems really washed out, not particularly striking. The man's face is really great and emotive, and the room rotation you have going start out ok, but makes no sens as you rotate it around. I would ditch everything but the first view and replace the rest with new or different work as soon as possible.

drewgilbert
08-27-2003, 08:53 PM
Just saw the other portfolio, and it is much stronger. The pirate ship and the nascar fish are quite nice. THe room view you have there is the one you should keep, and the faces, again look washed out. It's entirely possible it's the software. They are not hard on the eyes, I think they look fine. Not mind boggling, because of the poor quality of the render, but fine.

08-27-2003, 09:59 PM
Thanks for your guys critiques. AS I am always looking for ways to better myself and my art.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.