PDA

View Full Version : Director & Flash: smooth rotation?

Ian Jones
08-27-2003, 12:50 PM
Hi,

The Flash forum seemed like the logical place to ask a quick Director MX question, I hope someone can help.

I just wanted to know if Director's rotation and scaling of sprites/images can be made as smooth as the way Flash handles these types of animation. Director makes sprites jitter like crazy when you rotate or scale them. Are there any solutions?

swankaman
08-27-2003, 10:02 PM
hey,
without seeing a particular file it would be hard to disectthe problem but here is a fantastic resource for anything Director related.I believe they also have a forum but hope it helps!
http://www.mcli.dist.maricopa.edu/director/:beer:

kBg_Fiske
08-28-2003, 12:43 AM
I don't really do director, but I help someone who does, and usually I make flash movies for him to import into director. If we can we just use flash ani because it's so much easier, faster and smarter (not to mention smaller) than most of what we'd tried to do in director.

Ian Jones
08-28-2003, 10:20 AM
ok, well thx anyway... There's plenty of info at that link. Looks like Director just simply sux in this area.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.