PDA

View Full Version : torn mask in maya or zbrush

nikyrocks
01-19-2010, 06:35 PM
for my character of deadpool i am looking for the effect where in his mask is torned off . I tried with the dynamics (ncloth) and many things on the net but no results and as i am new to zbrush i have still not explore the whole software so plz if anyone can help me in this regards it wil be of great help in my project work

Psyk0
01-19-2010, 07:09 PM
In zbrush:

-Mask out the area that you want to tear off
-Invert your mask
-Click the "hidePT" button under masking menu (or visibility if you are on R3)

nikyrocks
01-19-2010, 07:24 PM
thanks for ur reply but i tried to mask it in zbrush and inversed it but the reult i want is not the same. i have attached a img for reference i want something that sort of effect

musashidan
01-19-2010, 11:22 PM
thanks for ur reply but i tried to mask it in zbrush and inversed it but the reult i want is not the same. i have attached a img for reference i want something that sort of effect

You're not going to get the exact result you want straight from the mask.( although you could go in with a small brushsize and get close) You'll have to:
tweak,sculpt,tweak,sculpt.....move,tweak,clay,sculpt,tweak.....
not necessarily in that order :D

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2010, 11:22 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.