PDA

View Full Version : Carnival - VFX Challenge - Mastermind

ChristophZollinger
08-27-2003, 11:19 AM
So, here we go again.

Thist challenge sonds very interesting.
I already have an idea, but I have to wacom it, because my scanner has gone to heaven some days ago.

So be patient, and

good luck all participants

ChristophZollinger
08-27-2003, 02:03 PM
http://www.zolli.de/upload/vfx_challenge_carnival/sketch.jpg

Please, donīt laugh :-)

Okay, this is a very rough wacom sketch of my project.
A pencil sketch will follow.

Itīs going to be a long pan from the left side to the right.
On the left there is a warm sunrise going on, you here, see children laughing and playing on a large field.
As the camera moves to the middle part of the scene, the ships are entering from the left and fly out of the right side.
The children recognized them and follow....

Through the middle part, itīs getting darker an colder, they take a little path through a spooky forrest, lights are flickering, the mood has changed.

Then of course on the other side of the forrest, itīs already night, the ships landed and are on to transform themselves into a large cricus tent. Light shines through the entrance......

Thatīs so far

Knut
08-27-2003, 02:12 PM
Your story is great, i can imaginge the kids will be quite surprised coming into the clearing and discovers the "evil" carnival. The wacom storyboard works quite well i can at least understand what you want to achieve. Good Luck

Clanger
08-28-2003, 04:31 PM
This sounds great, I got strong images in my head from the sketch and story, all of which require huge amounts of work.
Good luck, hope you can pull it off.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.