PDA

View Full Version : what is 3Ddelight?

yuenyeh
01-19-2010, 02:14 PM
just several days i see some one tell me 3Ddelight could render maya harderware partice as softeare particle is ture? what is 3Ddelight comapere to mental ray
ease to use any one use of them ?
please tell me your experience openion thank you very much ..

cgbeige
01-19-2010, 03:56 PM
it's a renderer that uses RenderMan files (shaders, output, etc) and, like RenderMan, it's good for animation (particles, fur, fast, etc). It's not really easier to use than Mental Ray when you need certain effects (caustics for example) but it's very good for its integration in Maya and speed with certain types of scenes. Plus you can use Maya's software shaders and it does the work to convert everything, like RenderMan for Maya.

My only complaint about it is that the free version is limited to two CPU cores for free use. Considering I have a total of sixteen (8 hyperthreaded), that's a waste no matter how fast it is. And it costs the same as RenderMan for Maya so I would just buy that if I was in the market for these types of features

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2010, 03:56 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.