PDA

View Full Version : Dealing with missing frames and proxies

biliousfrog
01-19-2010, 10:46 AM
As standard After Effects inserts the colour bar graphic when a frame is missing from a sequence but some other packages allow you to change the way that missing frames are handled - IE. make them black, white, transparent, hold etc. Is this possible in AE?

Iaenic
01-19-2010, 04:49 PM
I did a little digging and couldnít find much in the way of an answer. As far as I can tell, there isn't a way to replace the default color bars, or to have AE intelligently handle importing sequences. The closest answers I could find involved convoluted solutions such as using time remap to cover missing frames, which is far from automated.

It might be possible to write a script that could import sequences and allow you to pick repeat/solid color/transparent/file as a replacement method, but there could be snags in writing it. For example, a problem I run into a lot is that a file isnít necessarily missing, but is corrupt. Still it might be possible for someone that knows scripting really well to write something up.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2010, 04:49 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.