PDA

View Full Version : Scotland; Stay or Go?

TylinaVespart
01-18-2010, 06:07 PM
At the moment I'm in Scotland studying the second year of my HND (basically the first two years of university, but run from a college) 3D Animation. I've already applied to university in this country, since I'd still get free tuition fees for another couple of years, and I always intended to do a degree.

On the flip-side, the place I really want to study is in Canada. My boyfriend lives there, I've been with him for nearly four years now, staying here for a degree would mean at least another two before I could leave. Not keen on that idea, though I'd have to pay anywhere else. Quite apart from him, it also looks like the courses are better over there (especially for the areas I'm interested in; Lighting, Texturing, and Visual Effects).

Basically I was wondering whether it'd be worth just waiting here, getting a more general degree in 3D Animation, then moving over there and trying to find work with that OR whether I should take out a loan and go over there to learn as soon as possible. Any thoughts?

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2010, 06:07 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.