PDA

View Full Version : Spreadsheet won't open?

adrencg
08-27-2003, 03:58 AM
Anyone ever have this happen? You click the spreadsheet button, and it appears quickly, then its gone.
Tried re-adding the plugin, deleting config, all that stuff.

The only thing I can think of (but probably unlikely to be the problem) is that one of my monitors just shit the bed, so I had to go to a 1 monitor setup. Spreadsheet was always open on that monitor....could it be it's stuck in limbo, never to be slid back to the other monitor. Or maybe that's a stupid question...

I don't know -- Ive got tons of objects to edit, and I'm stuck doing it one by one....HELP!!! please

Mike

Triple G
08-27-2003, 04:09 AM
Did you trash the spreadsheet's own config file, or just the one for Layout? I would think that trashing the spreadsheet-specific config would fix things, unless it's a monitor problem as you described.

Maybe it has something to do with the scene file itself? I know sometimes screamernet freaks out when there are multiple entries for the spreadsheet editor that somehow find their way into the scene when you look at it in a text editor. Maybe try stripping out any references to the SS editor in a copy of the scene file, then reloading the copy?

policarpo
08-27-2003, 04:14 AM
it's on your second monitor.

just tested here at home on my laptop...i usually have the Spreadsheet open on the 2nd monitor...but I only have the laptop open now...so um...i think you might need to trash all the configs as Tripple G said.

Flashfire
08-27-2003, 04:30 AM
Can you not simply make your desktop scroll to the second one, and pull the Spreadsheet back onto the first one? Not sure if this is a Linux only thing, but I do seem to recall some vid cards allowing such things with their installed software.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.