PDA

View Full Version : playing with circles

Aleque
01-18-2010, 09:52 AM
Hello

I am trying to figure out a way, how to animate a Pie Diagram, but I can't seem to succeed. I have made a solid, then a circle. Then I have made another circle on the top of it, with the different color and changed the color of it. Then I tried to make a mask on the top of it, using a Pen Tool, slicing the "part of the cake" away and chosing Subtract in the mask. The problem is though that I can't find the exact center point of the circle, to snap to, and something tells me that there is a better way of doing this task.

Anyone has any ideas how to achieve this effect? To be exact, I want to animate the Pie Diagram the way, that you see a little slice (of the circle) that becomes bigger, then when it stops to grow, the slice slightly deattaches it self from the main circle so that there is a little space between. Then another slice starts to grow from the rest of the main circle, and does the same.

Help please

Mylenium
01-18-2010, 04:43 PM
Effect --> Transition --> Radial Wipe. all you will ever need for this

Mylenium

Aleque
01-18-2010, 05:14 PM
Effect --> Transition --> Radial Wipe. all you will ever need for this

Mylenium

Wow, thanks :) That is a pretty easy method. I have already spent an hour, or so, to make it manually with the masking (Pen Tool). Good to know there is an easier way for the future

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2010, 05:14 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.