PDA

View Full Version : what could cause dynamic link in cs3 to crash?

Chirone
01-18-2010, 09:51 AM
i was trying out the dynamic link between encore and after effects in cs3 and some comps would link but others wouldn't
the ones that wouldn't would crash encore
if i tried making a new composition via encore then it would cause both of them to crash if i put that same problematic comp into the encore's created one

the ones that did link would get some horizontal black bands on the top and bottom even though the encore project and the compositions have the same pixel aspect ratio (1.07) and have the same dimensions (720 x 576) playing back at 25fps

perhaps i'm just being too impatient...

Mylenium
01-18-2010, 04:47 PM
What system? Graphics card? Memory?

Mylenium

Chirone
01-19-2010, 07:14 AM
Windows 7 pro 64bit
8GB ddr2 800MHz
intel core2 quad Q9300 2.5GHz
ATI radeon 4870

appart from the little black strips above and below the clips everything appears to be working fine...
although, i'm still not sure why it would crash or if i should worry about it now...

Mylenium
01-19-2010, 10:05 AM
Mmh, black edges of any kind usually point to aspect ratio problems of some kind. if it's just in Encore, then I wouldn't worry. Encore's preview is, shall we say, less than reliable. Doesn't explain the crashes, though. are you running as admin? win 7 is notorious for requiring Encore to run as admin or else it won't be able to access the CoDecs and your burner. if you haven't already, try that. Short of that maybe running in XP emulation may work. can't say anything beyond that. Still not at the point of using W7....

Mylenium

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2010, 10:05 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.