PDA

View Full Version : Pop-up Book

JaredTaylor
01-18-2010, 01:08 AM
For my demoreel, which wont be finished for another year or so (but I'm planning it out now) I've made a book with ncloth and everything, and so far it's looking perfect.

I'm going to have the title kind of engrave itself onto the book, not sure how to go about that, so any ideas are great - assuming i'd need to learn after effects - but that's not the point of this thread.

The point of this thread is, I'm not going to have the animation IN the pages, I'm going to have it ON the pages. Imagine the book is the plane that they stand on, rather than in.

But I'd like the actors/scene/props to pop up like a pop up book as the pages turn. If I had to figure it out on my own, I'd probably duplicate my frame 1 of the scene and use a lattice deformer.

But.. I'd like to know better ways of going about it, if anyone has any ideas, that'd be GREAT! :)

Cheers.

JessR
02-03-2010, 11:06 PM
not necessarily the best way, but have you tried taking isolating renders of each item in the scene as it is at frame 1, then applying these images to planar geometry you can make "pop up" and then once in position, do a visibility swap with the ACTUAL objects, as long as the camera isn't moving until the swaps are made, it should look good

if thats not to your liking, duplicate your objects including the character geo, and duplicate another, and make a lattice flattened version a blendshape on the first set, so you can pop it up, puff them out...THEN do a visibility swap

CGTalk Moderation
02-03-2010, 11:06 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.