PDA

View Full Version : Face modeling (nurbs) HELP please

drawallday
08-27-2003, 12:49 AM
Hi all,

I am trying out the Gnomon Organic 1 Head surfacing tutorial (dvd). I seem to understand most of it except one little thing.. how can I make the left face blend with the right half. The center front of the head always appeared to look pointy. Here is the head I am working on.. http://drawallday.net/Pics/MayaHelp.01.jpg

thanks

drawallday
08-27-2003, 03:26 AM
I forgot to add.. I am using Maya 4

actarusprocyon
08-27-2003, 12:09 PM
The 'seam' is normal as since it's two different objects and they'll be merged later making it dissapear..

I don't use Maya,nor Nurbs but I'm sure the pinching will only occur if the control points aren't 'flat', so bring some of those forward or backwards(depending) to get a nice smooth surface and continue on with modeling.

From the side view,your points must share the same Z depth.

drawallday
08-27-2003, 02:49 PM
ok thanks, I'll give it a try

elfufu
08-28-2003, 08:21 AM
alex explains this in the dvd. you need to have continuity between the last 2 cvs that are to connect.

Tamtam
08-28-2003, 09:59 AM
i dont think that you need to pull any cvs around try this
open up the global stitch option box
set the options to
closest knot
equal params
normals
set the modification resistance to 10
pck both sides of the head and aply

if that doesnt give you the results pick both sides and attatch them together
dont forget to set the attatch method to blend

i think that should work just fine

elfufu
08-28-2003, 05:55 PM
by pulling the cvs you know exactly what it will look like so you get no surprises when you attach or stitch

drawallday
08-29-2003, 04:55 PM
elfufu... yeah I pulled the cvs myself and it was effective. Also "snap to points" cvs. The whole thing requires practice.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.