PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever have your finished art printed professionally?

LittleFenris
08-26-2003, 08:21 PM
I see all these amazing paintings done digitally on this forum and I wonder if they are just "screen candy" or if you actually have them printed large enough to frame as artwork in your home or someone elses? And if you do how much does it cost to get something printed in a quality high enough for a poster sized print?

Thanks

snakebyte
08-26-2003, 11:28 PM
There are online places like www.zazzle.com that can do it for a reasonable price (11x17 Card stock ~$10, or 6’x6’ $250+) The thing I don’t like about Zazzle though is that they only print at 100dpi.
Or you can have 8x10 Dye Sublimation prints made at any store with a Kodak print Kiosk.

Just look around there out there.

Edit: One thing I would recommend doing (what I did for Zazzle) is you have a cheap $10 11x17 print made for brightness/contrast test. They do not offer proofs so just make your own. What I did was make a 11x17 canvas with 3 of the same picture on it, the one on the left was darkened by -10, the one in the middle I left alone, and the on the right was brightened by +10, that way you can adjust your images before you send them.
I guess that makes sense….

PsychoSilence
08-27-2003, 01:04 PM
since i´m a flyer designer i have most of my work as posters and flyers. too lazy to post it all, just have a look at my portfolio at www.psychosilence.de

the costs depend on the style of printing it ! i use www.flyerdome.de for printing works...for special sizes i go to the copyshop next door with a data cd with my work, they print it for just a couple of bucks...

LittleFenris
08-27-2003, 08:35 PM
See you guys are mentioning cheap ways of printing, but I'm sure the quality of that zazzle stuff is less that professional for a finished piece. I wouldn't want to do some amazing painting on the computer then not be able to print it so it looks just as good on paper/canvas. Noone knows of professional quality ways of having something printed at larger than 11"x17"? Some of my "real" (not on computer) paintings are 4'x2'...how would you have that printed out if you did a computer painting 4'x2'?

Thanks for the replys so far.

robcamp
08-28-2003, 08:25 PM
I had several of my artowrk printed by http://www.cafepress.com.
I also set a prints store with them.

The print quality is excellent and a 11x17 print only costs about 4 or 5 bucks. They accept images at 300 DPI.

It may be worth checking out.

snakebyte
08-28-2003, 08:40 PM
I'm not getting anything from Cafepress.com, just a "Page not found"....
Also, Zazzle will pring FROM 11x17 up to ~about 6'x6'. The print is good but could be better. All I have actually seen from them is a 11x17 and it looked good but it needed to be printed at a higher DPI.

Edit: You may have better luck with this link http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/index.aspx

From what I see this is a better version of Zazzle, If the do 300DPI than this may be what you were looking for.
I'm going to make a MUG!! :)

robcamp
08-28-2003, 08:46 PM
oooopsss.... sorry, here it is: http://www.cafepress.com/

PsychoSilence
08-28-2003, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by robcamp
oooopsss.... sorry, here it is: http://www.cafepress.com/

they offer right the same services as flyerdome.de...so no low quality here @ VWTornado :buttrock: :beer: :thumbsup:

copyninja
08-28-2003, 09:44 PM
if one day i make a AWESOME piece i might print it and frame it :D

but that wont be until i go to college next year i take major classes for this shit.

LittleFenris
08-29-2003, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by PsychoSilence
they offer right the same services as flyerdome.de...so no low quality here @ VWTornado :buttrock: :beer: :thumbsup:

:buttrock: Thanks everyone. I didn't know Cafepress did low volume custom stuff. I've gotten a poster from them of Rustboy before but I figured you had to have lots of posters printed for them to do anything for you.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.