PDA

View Full Version : May/June Challenge Official Guidelines - May 20th through to June 30th

lildragon
05-20-2002, 02:28 PM
Here are the guidelines for the May/June challenge

The Enchanted Forest

This time we focus on two words Enchanted and Forest[/SIZE]

What you can do

There should be a forest of sorts
This forest needs to be "enchanted" meaning magical, something beyond your everyday forest (no not the rainforest :))
Texturing is allowed, but specify this in your threads as non-textured and textured pieces will be voted separately
Props can be added as long as they represent a fantasy look and feel
You can also model a character if you wish, just as long as there's a forest surrounding it
The character should be fantasy/magicial, so no humans, but elves/dwarves/centaur/unicorns e.t.c are allowed
If you choose to only model/draw a character/vehicle you can use a matte painting or other for your background [this of course does not apply to 2D entries]

There are however some restrictions to prevent unnecessary issues:

Matte paintings or other are only allowed for those doing characters/vehicles, if you choose to do an environment you have 6 weeks to create a masterpiece [this of course does not apply to 2D entries]
Images with a direct outside linking should NOT exceed the size of either 800x600 or 600x800 . . . If you want to show a larger formatted picture, do so using a link to the image . . . we have to keep in mind that there are still people with small monitors and slow connections.

This challenge is open for Characters, Vehicles, 2D and Environments.

The challenge focus this time around is modeling, texturing Lighting and Rendering

You DO NOT have to do all, but if so inclined you can.

if you choose to texture a character/vehicle *only* texture a character/vehicle, do not add an environment unless you state otherwise in your title heading, this makes it easier to categorize.

The Challenge starts May 20th and will run till June 30th Midnight EST

Good luck to you all and enjoy yourselves . . .

Any questions please ask myself, or any other challenge mods

lildragon
05-20-2002, 02:30 PM
To add keep in mind the format of the last challenge Thread titles, it was very easy for me to adjust and move threads... please use the following syntax as your thread titles

Enchanted Forest - Character, vehicle or environment - username

so for example

Enchanted Forest - Character - lildragon

good luck everyone, this one looks to be a helleva time :D

a su salud :beer:

Prés
06-21-2002, 10:44 AM
:hmm:

I do not understand the dates for the May/June challenge page !!!!!

Top of the page reads:
May 20th through to June 20th

Botom of the page:
The Challenge starts May 20th and will run till June 30th Midnight EST

Please tell me when it finishes. Thanks

Kirt
06-21-2002, 03:06 PM
The challenge ends June 30th at midnight. I think this was mentioned also on the 3D challenge forum.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.