PDA

View Full Version : Camera animation and colission problem

kevinseligmann
01-14-2010, 05:58 PM
Hi everyone, i'm new to the forum.

I'm trying to make some scene I have in my own mind, from a dream I had once.. And I'm really close to achieve it, except for one thing.

I have 3 mountains, with trees, grass, etc, etc.
I'm trying to animate a camera, that comes near the floor... raises, and starts moving forward one of the mountain's forest.

To acomplish this, i followed this steps:

Create the camera, set Auto-Keyframe, Make 5 points at different seconds, making an animation of 4-5 seconds.

I CAN'T make the path to cross the woods. Why? I'dont have any clue. Each time I move one of my paths points to intersect with the wood, it moves the point WAY up the mountain.

Here's a picture of my scene, of what i'm trying to explain:
In that view, everything seems fine.. the camera moves around, and crosses the woods in the big mountain...
http://i47.tinypic.com/2yzhpgz.jpg

But when you see the animation from onw of the sides, you can appreciate this:
http://i49.tinypic.com/33biyqf.jpg

The points go FAR away of the level I want them to be, and if I try to move them down, all the points move, el just that one and then goes back up there.

So, Vue Guru's... Is there any kind soul who wish to help me here?

Thanks very much,
Web.

karmoh
01-15-2010, 11:42 AM
is the height lock for your camera on?

Mike.H
01-15-2010, 03:45 PM
certainly looks like that

kevinseligmann
01-15-2010, 06:13 PM
Nice one ;).

Thanks very much for that. But anyways, I find very difficult to edit a created path with the animation wizard.. is kind of difficult to move a point's tangent, because it goes up, down, left, right whenever it wants.

Kevin

bruno021
01-15-2010, 10:27 PM
From page 467 of the manual:
"The Tunnel Case
This is typically an effect that cannot be achieved solely with the Wizard. To fly an object through
a tunnel, or under an arch, you will have to modify the path manually in the 3D Views. This is
because the Wizard will detect the ceiling of the tunnel, and automatically position your animated
object on top of that ceiling. You will have to drag the way points down, back into the tunnel."

The animation wizard is not recommended in such a case as yours.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2010, 10:27 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.