PDA

View Full Version : New Mooschool Showreel for 2010

mooschool
01-14-2010, 05:22 PM
Hello All,

Updated my reel and just wanted to get it out there so please wander over to my site when you get a chance and see what you think....

Mooschool Website (http://www.mooschool.co.uk/)

All work created using After Effects and Cinema 4D (with occasional help from you kind people on the C4D Forum).

Thanks
Nick

Ajouz
01-14-2010, 06:36 PM
looks great, congratulations for your success, "AXN commercial" looks really good, can you please tell us a little bit about the production of this spot, (software used, and how you achieved the frozen in time moment while moving the camera around)

Thanks and cheers

mooschool
01-14-2010, 10:41 PM
Hi Ajouz, thanks for replying.

Just in case you didn't see the link, you can see the whole AXN Commercial here (http://web.mac.com/lambieprods/iWeb/AXN%20Website/Home.html)

I created it using After Effects and Cinema 4D R10.1. The bedroom is a combination of projection mapped stills and actual 3D. If you do a search, I'm sure you'll find a better explanation of Projection Mapping than I can articulate but basically, in the case of the bed, it means projecting a still onto a simple 3D object, like a cube, so that the angles line up THEN use another camera to move around it. You can only move around it a little bit before you give the game away!
You can see from the photos on that website link above of the Schiaparelli Suite how much I built in 3D. The people are just stills but the bed and the suitcase are projection mapped, everything else is 3D. The cityscape is made up of 3 layers which I think I comped in After Effects in the end (this job's from Jan2009 so it's getting a bit hazy) - it was all getting too big in C4D - possibly with the help of Trapcode Horizon, certainly the sky used Trapcode Horizon. Then I used zBlur to get the depth of field passes and then the Frischluft plug-in to create the DoF in After Effects. Plus a bit of Trapcode Particular dust for good measure. Oh, don't know if you noticed this but actually some of the shots of people aren't stills -they're stills that I warped a bit with the puppet tool in AE before using them in C4D - just to give a bit of movement.
The renders were horrendous sometimes because of having to keep the AA on high settings.
Sorry, I've rambled that off a bit so I'll stop there - but let me know if you have any specific questions.
Cheers
Nick

Silverwing
01-15-2010, 12:38 PM
Wow I really like your reel. Great work. I love those freeze frame shots but all the other things in your reel looked great too. Really slick editing to the music too. I liked watching it!

Keep it up. Very well done!

Cheers Silverwing

mooschool
01-15-2010, 10:01 PM
Thanks Silverwing, much appreciated!

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2010, 10:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.