PDA

View Full Version : Rig (left arm) keeps breaking in Maya

JaredTaylor
01-14-2010, 03:23 AM
Hi,

Yet another problem I'm having... lol.

This only occurs on the left arm, right arm is perfectly fine. I've made this rig a hundred times and never had any problems in the past.

When I move the chest controller, the arm moves fine, but when I 'undo', this happens:

http://i48.tinypic.com/wr2ts.jpg

All it takes to fix it is moving the arm a bit. Switching to FK then back to IK also fixes it. The problem only occurs in IK mode. Deleting the elbow FK controller's parent constraint on the elbow fixes this. But I need that constraint in place.

Also when I apply the constraint it says:
// Warning: Cycle on 'l_elbow_jnt.parentInverseMatrix[0]' may not evaluate as expected. (Use 'cycleCheck -e off' to disable this warning.) //
// Warning: Cycle on 'l_elbow_jnt_parentConstraint1.constraintTranslateX' may not evaluate as expected. (Use 'cycleCheck -e off' to disable this warning.) //

Thanks for any help.

giordi
01-14-2010, 03:51 PM
like maya says ypu there is a cylce of informations that break ur rig check the connection in the hypergraph for find it and fix it , sometimes happen to me with strech ik

Darksuit
01-14-2010, 05:16 PM
It sounds like you have a cycle loop that is causing an issue. This comes from having a constraint to an object that is heirarchly parented to the object it is moving.

Without seeing the Hierarchy in the outliner or the Maya file itself I am only making a guess at where the problem is actually occuring.

I would also suggest posting in the Maya character setup forums as well.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2010, 05:16 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.