PDA

View Full Version : projection master produces faceted texture

designingpatrick
01-13-2010, 11:23 PM
This problem hasn't always occurred, but I haven't figured out how to get the desired results since this started happening.

I have a uv mapped mesh, and I am applying textures through projection master. I drop the mesh with only colors active. I have a plane with a texture (and no z intensity), I draw the plane on top of the dropped mesh, position it to my liking, then pick the mesh out of projection master. The newly applied texture appears fine on the mesh, but the texture map preview shows a texture which is faceted with each uv map polygon. So it looks like the mesh would if it were at it's base level without smoothed normals. If I export the texture and open it in another application, the texture has saved all of the faceted lighting.

Like I said, this wasn't happening before, and I'm not sure what's causing the behavior right now. Any ideas?

designingpatrick
01-13-2010, 11:47 PM
It looks like this happened as a result of my exporting from max, without checking the option to export normals. At least that's my guess.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2010, 11:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.