PDA

View Full Version : after fx HD formats

Annihilatedsin
01-13-2010, 05:30 AM
I can't figure out what file format to use for after fx to take my HD video. From my camera I get a MTS file then I use TMPGEnc to make it a m2t file (MPG-2 File) which works fine in Premiere, But wont load into After FX.... help?

Iaenic
01-13-2010, 05:53 AM
If you can load it into Premier, then at least you can always transcode it into something After Effects can open, like a Quicktime animation or AVI file. I can understand the extra step being frustrating, but I don't know enough outside after effects to give a more direct answer. :)

Mylenium
01-13-2010, 02:38 PM
I can't figure out what file format to use for after fx to take my HD video. From my camera I get a MTS file then I use TMPGEnc to make it a m2t file (MPG-2 File) which works fine in Premiere, But wont load into After FX.... help?

Please be more specific. What version of AE? CS4 supports AVCHD (MTS) with the 9.0.2 update. Everything else needs conversion and that doesn't mean transport streams (m2t), but elementary and program streams (m2v, mpg, mpeg).

Mylenium

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2010, 02:38 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.