PDA

View Full Version : easy alpha question..

baron8566
01-12-2010, 02:26 PM
Hi all,

I'm kinda new to AE, and i've stuck with some problems. I think, there is a very easy solution to it, so i'd like to ask you guys:

1. i've got two .png images with alpha channel (i've imported these to my project)
2. i made my animation
3. i like to render it out to a .tga sequence with an alpha channel, so all my tga files have to have alpha channel

my main problem is that the composition that i've made dont have the background transparency, so the question is how can i see trough my images, without the solid background color?

thank you,

daniel

Mylenium
01-12-2010, 04:43 PM
The composition background is transparent. You only need to choose proper settings in the output module dialog (RGB+Alpha).

Mylenium

baron8566
01-12-2010, 05:08 PM
The composition background is transparent. You only need to choose proper settings in the output module dialog (RGB+Alpha).

Mylenium

Thank You very much!

Well that was my first thought, but when i rendered it, it hasnt got alpha.. i might made it wrong, than.

thehive
01-26-2010, 03:39 PM
check the alpha on your comp to see if its fully transparent i had the issue

baron8566
01-26-2010, 03:56 PM
Ok, thank you, Eric!

now i'm watching for this, and that is not a problem any more.. but as i can see, the more i learn, the less i know.. there are a lot of have-to-know things in front of me:).. everyone started somewhere, i think.

PaulDeSilva
01-27-2010, 12:33 AM
In case you didn't figure it out already, there is a small red/green/blue icon at the bottom of the composition window that will allow you to view your channels independently.

CGTalk Moderation
01-27-2010, 12:33 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.