PDA

View Full Version : My Framestore animation reel (2006-2009)

Florent2001
01-12-2010, 11:47 AM
Hi everyone,

I spent few years at Framestore, I started in Commercials, back in 2006, then move to VFX for "The Golden Compass" for a really short term before joining animation feature for "The Tale of Despereaux". I decided to gather some animation I did over there as one reel.

Vimeo version (HD or not) : http://www.vimeo.com/8162352
HD quick time version (38 meg) : http://jdernon.free.fr/FlorentReel/home.html

It seems pretty long to me, please do not hesitate to give me feedbacks about the edit, the sound, the animation or whatever as it would help me to finalize this reel !

I would also like to thank all the incredible artist I had the great chance to work with at Framestore, it's been such a good time and I learnt so much. Special thanks to Mike M. for the tricks and tips in rigging and anim, thanks to Tim W. who've been the best lead ever on Despereaux and to Nicolas G. for all his help and his support !

http://ezqqoq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1puwDGLMAkIbrVU8aeHhE9QDhs_QVrAFS7okWVTKlRs8nSXRSpw-rzzQauugGuvbztPeTGkvx5oi1YUOL0BSZON8yrnkHHOkTN/PresentationLOW.JPG

sargon888
01-12-2010, 03:51 PM
Benylin commercial and The golden compass are my favorite.

simyevil2010
01-13-2010, 09:25 AM
wow wow wow nice demo i like it every think really go head

good luck 4 ever :thumbsup:

pierzak
01-13-2010, 12:53 PM
Amazing stuff. I am very impressed with your reel.
Congratulations.

melmann
01-14-2010, 06:39 PM
loads of great shots! very entertaining

dsoto25
01-14-2010, 07:41 PM
Awesome reel

Silverwing
01-15-2010, 12:32 PM
Phantastic work. Seems there are a lot of big projects you were working on!
Great reel. But Im not sure with the music. I like it more when the music is guiding you throu the reel. You have done individual music for every part that makes it feel like more different small pieces put together and less like one presentation. But thats only my opinion!

Nonetheless I really did like your work!
Keep it up!

NickWhitmire
01-15-2010, 05:51 PM
wonderful work. I'd say the science manichean dude that puts that chunk of his head back was your weakest piece. All of the other work seemed to be of much more quality. Again, great reel and thanks for sharing :)

Florent2001
01-16-2010, 01:50 AM
Hey thanks every one ! Really appreciate your really nice feedbacks !

Mayazeus, I need to say I've been hesitating to put the benylin science guy on the reel, it just helps to do the transition with the cold and dark atmosphere of Golden Compass...But the fist post from Sargon 888 makes me thing it could have been a good idea finally...Now I'm confused :curious:

Silvering man, the problem with the music is that the dialogue and sound effect from Despereaux is mixed with the music unfortunately, making things very tricky. But I do agree with your comments...I'll try to see how I could eventually extract the voices of the actors from the rest of the sound...

Merci :thumbsup: !!

Chris Bacon
01-16-2010, 10:57 AM
Hey man, very nice work

ShenRui
01-16-2010, 04:55 PM
greatest work !very very very cool!i want to be your student!

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2010, 04:55 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.