PDA

View Full Version : Creating rolling hillside

Noggy
01-11-2010, 04:16 PM
I just started learning Vue for my latest project. I wanted to ask, how you guys would suggest creating rolling hillside. I currently have Vue 6 xStream but working on getting Vue8 asap. Is there a huge difference between 6 and 8? I rather not pay for a new version but if it's worth it, I will. Any suggestions?

vreb
01-14-2010, 10:54 AM
Although I can't help you with your rolling hillside question just yet. I would say there is a big difference between version 6 and 8 of Vue. However, I only use the Infinite PLE versions as the xStreme have always been way to unstable for me, so can't comment on that specifically.

Why don't you download a demo PLE version as that would be the very best way to test it out for yourself before you part with the cash :)

vreb

Mike.H
01-15-2010, 02:11 PM
in v8 itīs entirely possible to manualy sculpt a rolling hillside inside the terrain editor.
Other then that using the fe should allow you to do it aswell

nahcra
01-21-2010, 10:38 AM
hey mate !
there is a huge and a drastic change between VUE 6 and VUE 8 i am ..using VUE 8 and its fun and i feel my render is fast then the prev one u gotta get one i guess and if ur using with max or maya its too cool

CGTalk Moderation
01-21-2010, 10:38 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.