PDA

View Full Version : WIP - Enchanted forrest - Enviorment - Sangotten

Sangotten
05-20-2002, 01:17 PM
Hi there!

Okay here is the first concept of many, I want to make some kind of Myst (you know the game!) village inside a forrest. The image included is an early one because I will add buildings later. I will later turn it in to 3D... Allthough my previous attemps with 3D didn't work out that well, I think this one might work!

Tell me what you think of it, or give me some thoughts!!:wip:

edaddy
05-20-2002, 02:20 PM
cool concept , it might do well for the 3-d scene to have it really dark and moody in the back, even wildly different trees(color-wise or whatever) and maybe rendered at a a little dutch tilt - but i know that this pic is just a rough so it might be too early for these comments --- happy :wip: :bounce:

staglider2
05-20-2002, 05:43 PM
i think the way Edward Hopper made a background gradually darker in this picture is nice ! Its not a forest and certainly not fantasy/magic i know, but it might be useful for your concept ??

OZ
05-20-2002, 09:31 PM
WOW!!!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: At last has come the time that u jump into the arena!!!Sangotten strikes back!YEAH!:thumbsup:

Sangotten
05-21-2002, 09:37 AM
Thanks for all your advice and crit.!!!!!

Damn I've been moved to the 2D Challenge while I trying to do 3D!!! Oh what the hell I just as wel stay here....

Okay I just changed things in the picture,so it looks more dark and evil....

Sangotten
05-21-2002, 11:03 AM
Here is a new update but it will be the last for this scene cause this was to be 3D and not 2D! SO for the 2D challenge I will make a new one.... so keep checking for more oohh and C&C is very welcome!:wip:

KOryH
05-21-2002, 05:44 PM
I like it so far. My only crit would be more of a suggestion.
Really think about how some thing is put together or constructed and made of. It is this kind of thought process that comes out in the details and brings a picture to life. Right now the path and its railing are fairly ambiguous and takes away from the strength of the other elements.
That's all. Keep up the good work.

Sangotten
05-27-2002, 01:52 PM
Thanks Koryn!!!
Well I'm dropping this concept and I will start on something that is more in my league! Thanks for your advice, I can stil use it for the other one I'm working on...

So, expect to see an update early this week!:wip:

Sangotten
05-27-2002, 11:57 PM
Okay here is a quick update!

...I'm so tired, damn okay so here is the beginnig, the three form the middle of the composition and will be the most detailed piece...(I hope!):wip:

Iguiniz.X.
05-28-2002, 02:55 PM
He that looks a lot better.
With, how it is constructed, in your mind you made the peace a lot better. can't wait to see it fully collered.

Keep it up.

Are you stil going to do the 3D challenge?

KOryH
05-28-2002, 06:14 PM
cool

Korgath
05-29-2002, 08:54 AM
I really like the concept! The owl looks funny:D .

staglider2
05-29-2002, 09:56 AM
ye ! looks much more tight and certain now. But i see you "rendered" the center tree in dark-middle-lighter keys already while the rest is still pure line drawing-waiting-to-be-filled-in. I would humbly suggest to try to start the whole picture in larger blocks of value and think so you see the overall lighting. This might result in a stronger lighting of the whole and u will see using larger blocks of value from the beginning and progressively refining might "force" you to discover problematic area's in the image that will solve themselve easier. Only a suggestion ;-)

dmcgrath
05-30-2002, 04:44 AM
Sang,
Looking good, but I didn't see how big the final image is supposed to be. Did I miss I miss it somewhere? On another note, I was having problems on your website. The only page that came up was your 2d stuff, the rest was broken links.

Sangotten
05-30-2002, 04:34 PM
Well thank for your positive comments!!!

Staglider>> Thank you very much, you are right about the way I should spread my attention all over the image, Im working on it. As for the colouring too...!

DMCgrath>>My web-site is under construction so it didn't work so good, I have a lot to update! Oh and the size is.... large!!!

Equinoxx
05-30-2002, 05:11 PM
hey hey . .. that's a nice concept ya got there mate . . .

keep going . . . the 2d challenge needs some life :D

dmcgrath
05-30-2002, 06:39 PM
Good to hear Sang. Large is good. If you feel you have trouble spots, you can zoom in on them and let us help you if need be.

Azure
05-31-2002, 05:39 PM
I love your layout. I can't wait to see more.

~A~

ZrO-1
05-31-2002, 07:35 PM
Sangotten that's looking really sweet. Are you going to keep the bluish tinge to the piece? I liked that, it was very mystical. :)

Tommy Lee
06-02-2002, 08:42 PM
Hi Sangotten!

Love it till now... cant wait for the finished one:applause:

And thanks for ya comment at my threat...

Laterz

Tommy Lee

Sangotten
06-15-2002, 01:48 PM
I'll be striking back soon!!!:wip:

Iguiniz.X.
06-24-2002, 08:29 AM
I wanna see some updates,
only 6 days to go man.
Hard working 3D and 2D he, BUT

:bounce: !UPDATE! :bounce:

Tommy Lee
06-24-2002, 12:34 PM
GO!GO!GO! UŽll do it!!!!:thumbsup:

Cheerz

Tommy Lee

Sangotten
07-01-2002, 01:22 PM
Thanx guys for your support!

I had no inspiration left... I was drained by numerous things so next challenge I'll do better and finish, promise!

Iguiniz.X.
07-02-2002, 11:12 PM
You bet you will cos your last one also wasn't finished, and then I mean the past challenge.:rolleyes:

well anyway good luck next challenge and c ya arround:cool:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.