PDA

View Full Version : Can someone help me setup the render manager?

geoff3dnz
08-26-2003, 02:52 AM
I've got DFX+, don't have a network and want to set up the render manager to render a queue of flows...

I've added a 'localhost' slave to it, set it to be the render master, and it claims to be 'idle', but when I actually add a flow, it says 'failed', and in the log panel it says '+ could not connect to horizon (127.0.0.1)'. When I ping localhost, or 127.0.0.1, I get what appears the correct response. (Judging from the manual).

The manaul says the RM always starts with one slave in the slave list - itself, so that it can render local queues without using the network. In my case, it had a slave there, but it was my dialup connection to my ISP...

If I scan for slaves, nothing happens.

What do I need to do to get this all set up properly? I'm running win2000, and am the only user on the machine (Administrator), so should have all the appropriate persmissions, if that's an issue. I assume that it's my 'network' (of one machine) that isn't set up properly, but don't really know what to do about it.

Thanks for any help, :)

Geoff

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.