PDA

View Full Version : My 3D Animation reel

mo2men99
01-08-2010, 08:54 AM
Hello everyone this is my first post here and I would like to share with you my current animation reel which hasnt been edited since 2008. It has been sitting comfortably in my youtube channel for sometime now, I havent had the time to make anymore changes to it due to my busy schedual. But Please feel free to have a look at it, and all c&c are welcome.

LINK:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mH4RHtNXCW0

you can press the HQ button for better quality if you wish

Thanks for your time

mehdianim
01-08-2010, 08:22 PM
Your fighting looks like you understand body dynamics pretty well. Characters feel a little floaty now and then but nothing too jarring.
If you want to challenge yourself a bit more take out the screen shakes, which give a great effect on hits, but try to make the hits satisfying without screen shakes. Then when you add the shakes back in it'll look even better.

How long have you been animating ? Do you work or is this just for fun ?

Cheers

mo2men99
01-08-2010, 10:00 PM
Hi thanks for your comment and feedback. I agree with you on the camera shakes. I did them just to try and make it look more effective, but you are right, I should try to make it more effective without camera shake first.

I have been freelancing and contracting for 3 years on and off. All my animations are self taught. I graduated 4 years ago from a diploma art course, and inbetween those 4 years Just been contracting for individual clients and small studios. But I finally socred me a job with a professional gaming studio, and been working there for 1yr and a half already. Hopefully that gives me enough experience to excel further and get into the bigger companies out there.

NaderArt
01-09-2010, 02:06 PM
masha2allah :)

nice work friend :)

the rigging and animations is very cool ..

regards .

mo2men99
01-09-2010, 10:52 PM
Thank you brother :)
Your work is awesome too man! Masha2allah

Kind Regards

MugenTsukiyomi
01-10-2010, 01:24 AM
Man. I loved that. You might want to use some free rigs for your animation instead of biped. click here (http://www.creativecrash.com/maya/downloads/character_rigs/c/) for some free rigs.

mo2men99
01-10-2010, 02:58 AM
Thanks man, although I dont use maya, these rigs could come in handy sometime, cheers!

simyevil2010
01-10-2010, 08:40 AM
nice work i like it , go head ok

good luck 4 ever :applause:

CGTalk Moderation
01-10-2010, 08:40 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.