PDA

View Full Version : Looking to center my production pipeline for a short around Zbrush...

Zeag
01-08-2010, 07:01 AM
Long story short: We were supposed to produce a 3D short with a 5 member team for our last year in school (3D Animation and CGI at Matane's College in Quebec, Canada) but the team had to split up due to quite intense internal feuds.

Now me and another guy have to start over from scratch and make a shorter story. But that means recreating new characters as well. I'm looking at using ZBrush as long as possible in my modeling pipeline and wanted the advice of the people around here to see if it would be feasable the way I envisioned it.

There are some tools I haven't played with extensively and I wanna make sure I won't run into problems once I'll be exporting or anything :

(Working on Zbrush 3.5R3)

-Model with Zspheres/Zsketch, using layers for the clothes and probs. Use retopolgy tool afterwards.
-Save tool and obj in lowest subd
-Unwrap in UV Layout
-Re-import in Zbrush, texture, generate maps
-Re-export for 3DS Max, Rig and Skin and hope it works.

If there's a way to create clean UVs straight into Zbrush, I'm interested as well. As I said, I haven't explored all the software's features but I'm definitely interested into using it as much as possible.

Sorry for making this post so long and double-sorry if this isn't the most appropriate section to post :)

-Zeag

CGTalk Moderation
01-08-2010, 07:01 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.