PDA

View Full Version : Shake Compositing Scripts- generell question

jaden
01-07-2010, 09:32 AM
Hi folks,

I have a generell question about how to set up my shake script for a little shortfilm we are making.
We have edited our files in final cut 7 and now we are ready for compositing... I have done some plate cleaning and keying. Now I have to do some color correction and additional color effects.
The question is: do I create a single shake script for every task and than render it out or do I just put in my 100+ videos in one single script and work from there. Like doing my CC, PlateCleaning, Color FX and than batch render all file out nodes????

Is the correct way, that every task that has to be done on one fileIn is one script?

I have to admit that I am confused about how this would be done in the real world since I am still a student.
I hope someone is willing to help me and has some advice.

Thank you in advance,

jaden

earlyworm
01-10-2010, 08:01 PM
Typically each shot is handled individually, so you would only have one shot per shake script (typically most vfx shots have more than one fileIn).

But to save time, there are a few ways you can approach this (there are lot's more ways, but these are the ones I can think of right now)...

Macros. Quite easy to create and save you the hassle of creating complicated node structures each and every time. Look up the docs on how to create them.
Template scripts. Basically a complete shake script setup with blank fileIn and fileOut nodes.
Commandline. Knowing the Shake commandline is useful. ie. shake -t 1-100 -fi myimageseq.#.exr -zoom 0.5 -fo outimageseq.#.exr

Of course you'll probably end up using a combination of those three. For example if your processing involves applying the same colour correction, scaling the image to HD and then adding grain you might wish to package those nodes into a macro and then using that macro in the commandline.

CGTalk Moderation
01-10-2010, 08:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.