PDA

View Full Version : Cave Temple clip...

shirak23
01-07-2010, 07:06 AM
This is my first time posting any work to CGTalk, so hopefully the response will be positive. This is a 6 second clip from a project that I worked on to add to my reel. It's based on some concept art from Daniel Dociu (I believe (and bow low)). Please watch it on fullscreen for all its 960x540 goodness. Thanks for checking it out and c&c are welcome:

http://vimeo.com/8490370

shirak23
01-09-2010, 01:46 AM
nothing, huh?

xXPuntoXx
01-09-2010, 02:26 PM
Hi Shirak i havnt really got much knowledge in this area but i suppose anythings better than no comment, first things first i think it looks great and far beyond anything i could achieve, as for criticism for me i feel the colours are a little washed out in the mid/background temple area, in the foreground you have lovely rich colours and i feel this contrast is a little too severe. I also cant see any depth of field in the piece everything appears to be in perfect focus, a suggestion would be to gradually take the foregound elements out of focus as the camera moves towards the temple and to also add some depth of field to the background. Hope this helps - keep up the good work - Adam

Hordak
01-09-2010, 03:16 PM
Hi It looks good, but it's missing something in my opinion. The birds and water adds life but otherwise it's kind of dead. I would suggest you play a little more with the light and make the plants sway a bit. And a little more contrast between background and foreground. Just suggestions :)

shirak23
01-09-2010, 09:20 PM
Thank you, I definitely appreciate all your comments!

CGTalk Moderation
01-09-2010, 09:20 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.