PDA

View Full Version : SITE TO WATCH: donbluth.com

RobertoOrtiz
08-25-2003, 03:22 PM
Say what you will of Don Bluth, you got to admit he has guts.
He was one of the first animators that rebelled against the house of the mouse, and went on his own to make his own tales.

He has done history in video games (Dragon Slayer) and has made some of the most influential animated movies (Secret of NIMH , American tale) back in a time when traditional movies where in crisis.

And here is his official site:

Check it out:

>>Link<< (http://www.donbluth.com)

-R

Gentle Fury
08-25-2003, 04:59 PM
Actually it's Dragon's Lair........but i get your point......Bluth has always been one of my favs.....great style, not afraid to take chances........awesome storys......i wish he would make the damn Dragon's Lair movie already!!!

Unfortunatly i think i was one of the only people to really enjoy Titan AE.....oh well

bentllama
08-25-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Gentle Fury
Unfortunatly i think i was one of the only people to really enjoy Titan AE.....oh well

no, you were not.

anyway...

I read in Wizard mag that Bluth was lending talents to Namco's "I Ninja" cinematics...

boomji
08-25-2003, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Gentle Fury

...noooaaaat !!! ;)

b

Redf
08-25-2003, 07:51 PM
Thanks for the link.Titan Ae was cooooool.:beer:

Bonstar
08-27-2003, 11:28 AM
Another vote for Titan AE here! The poor movie is so misunderstood :love:

JohnD
08-27-2003, 07:47 PM
All I have to say is that Don Bluth is the reason I'm in the animation field today. Was first introduced to his work when I was yet a young lad at "Showbiz Pizza" ( now Chuckie Cheese ) and saw that Dragon's Lair game. The rest is history.

igorstshirts
08-28-2003, 01:30 AM
Dragon's lair made a huge impression on Me also as a child... Space Ace too.

GizmoMkI
08-28-2003, 03:01 AM
Bluth's work has always been great. A friend of mine has one of the old Dragon's Lair coin-ops at his arcade.

rejekt
08-28-2003, 07:25 AM
I red the novel(if it can be titled that) of Titan A.E.
I'm glad to say I enjoyed the book, but for some reason I was disappointed by the movie, however there was some fantastic work done with the animation itself.:applause:

rougue 13
08-28-2003, 05:48 PM
titan was okay...a pale movie in comparison to secret of nyhm..which was just brilliant....I to saw dragons lair in a showbiz pizza and was hooked ever since.. dragoins lair 2 was so underratted..it was really fun to play and the animation was great!!..i musta dumped 500 bucks in quarters playin it just to watch the animation...Bluth has also had a huge impact on my drawing style..i still find myself drawing a little Z in the knuckles and elbos of my characters..
ps..wish i had some cash to buy those nyhm cells:scream: :buttrock: :buttrock: hope he doesnt go all digital like the disney- dreamwork retards..cuz now he does'nt have any competition from them in the 2d field....time for Don to pick up the ball and run with it!!!!

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.