PDA

View Full Version : Competition "House of the Future"

[ Strek ]
08-25-2003, 03:15 PM
http://www.paper-model.de/GalerienImages/banner-forum.jpg
The Competition:
The given competition is a competition ready (completely modeling and texturing) 3d models.
Name of the competition: “House of the Future”.
Place of the competition: www.paper-model.de
When: Since 1 september till 15 december 2003, works selection and winner awards included.
The sponsor of the competition: Paper-Model Team.

The Purpose:
1. To find out the actuell situation in the 3D Visualitzation market.
2. Used technologies in the 3D Visualization of the architectural buildings and complexes.
3. Main purposes and trends in the 3D Visualization of the architectural buildings and complexes in the future.
4. Creative meetings.

Your task:
To do a 3D Visualization of your House of the Future in accessable 3D software.
The main attention must be paid to the simplicity and economicality of the your project.

1. Your project must be made special for the competition.
2. You must be the author of the projects idea ,visualizator and rights owner of your model.
3. Every competitor can send two various projects.
4. Your work must contain 5 foreshortenings.
You can send plans and front sections too. It will be appreciated as the big plus for your project.
In case the sent model is not complite, contents - managers send to the author the corresponding letter with necessary additions. The model will be placed at competition only after the author will send missing to contents - managers.

The membership:
Everybody who is interested in the 3D Visualization in the architectural sphere can be a competitor.You can send your works till 1 december. Since 1 till 15 december your works will be selected and appriciated, the winner will be determined.The winner will get a price 400 US. Dollar
The prize-winning sum is transferred the Winner by the postal order, bank transfer or through system Western Union (at the choice of the Winner). The charges connected to transfer of money resources are subtracted from the prize-winning sum. Other ways of transfer of the sums, as agreed with the winner are possible also.

Voting:
You must be registered in: Competition "House of the Future" (http://www.paper-model.de/English/contest/registry.php)
Every visitor can take part in voting.After your work is published in our gallery it can be voted.
Every project will be appreciated according to:
1. Idea.
2. Used technoligies.
3. Visualization.
4. Factor of the ecology.
Every category can get a mark from 1 to 5 .

Conditions of the competition:
1. If the project is sended, the author allows organisator of the competition to publish it on his site and use it for developing of the competition.
2. Weak projects, poor of design will be eliminated.
3. Your work must be not bigger as 800x 600 Pixel and 150 kb.
4. Your works must not contain any names. Till the end of the competition all works stay anonimous.
5. The full list of the competitors will be published on 15 december, after the competition will be finished.

Your works ( file of model in archive ZIP, including all used textures, and the description in English ) must be sended and registrated: house-of-the-future@paper-model.de
Your data: Name, country, e-mail, profession, used technologies, name of the project, description of the project.
For more information: info@paper-model.de
Many other question can be discussed on the Forum (http://paper-model.de/forum/)

Any of these rules may change at any time without prior notice.

The Paper-Model Team wish you a wonderfull creative works and succes in the competition.

wgreenlee1
08-25-2003, 04:44 PM
Looks like a ton of fun.....
House of the future huh?
I hope to be able to see all the entries as this looks like it will draw lots of talent.

Craneb
08-25-2003, 10:14 PM
I'll look into this,sounds enticing.:beer:

jmottle
08-26-2003, 12:09 AM
Great stuff, I'll post this in the news tonight as I suspect there will be more response on CGarchitect.com.

Cheers,
Jeff

[ Strek ]
08-26-2003, 03:46 PM
In the moment we have 5 competitors
Thanks.:applause:

DeathBrain
08-26-2003, 04:14 PM
Ugh...i don't have much time for this kinda competition :sad:

BiTMAP
08-27-2003, 09:42 AM
I'm not really an arch. vis guy, but i have an idea to submit perhaps. I'm useing wings for it though Lol :S anyways, question, this building should at least seem to work right? and what are foreshortenings?

[ Strek ]
08-27-2003, 02:35 PM
Bitmap

Hi ,it was nice to get your mail !
1.Foreshortnings- ways to see arch. object - front ,back or side look.
2.It should be a complete project like you saw in description.
3. Take a part and good luck to you. We will enjoy your submitting.

Joviex
08-27-2003, 05:31 PM
Is the viz. only an outside depiction? Or do you have to include interiors/cut-aways?

Just curious about the afterwards also. And due to recent events, a few more questions.....

Does my material become your material?

If I win, do you get my mesh?

Any kind of 3D software like pre-visualization software that makes a house (like poser makes humans) and then re-edited/augmented is acceptable?

The awards include?

its the devil in me.

[ Strek ]
08-27-2003, 11:25 PM
The given competition is a competition ready (completely modeling and texturing) 3d models.
1. Your project must be made special for the competition.
2. You must be the author of the projects idea ,visualizator and rights owner of your model.
3. Every competitor can send two various projects.
4. Your work must contain 5 foreshortenings.
You can send plans and front sections too. It will be appreciated as the big plus for your project.
In case the sent model is not complite, contents - managers send to the author the corresponding letter with necessary additions. The model will be placed at competition only after the author will send missing to contents - managers.

ok?

[ Strek ]
08-28-2003, 11:25 AM
In the moment we have 10 competitors
Thanks.:applause:

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.