PDA

View Full Version : AE CS4 Targa sequence question

SkojigaGorillan
01-04-2010, 11:05 PM
I have a 150 frame targa sequence rendered from 3d studio max.
When I import it as a sequence it shows up fine and can be rendered through the make movie dialog without problem.

I tried to add some painbrush and timewarp effects directly to the sequence but it never showed up on the final render.

What I had to do was to first render the whole thing out as a quicktime movie and then add the paintbrush/timewarp to the same (now imported) quicktime movie.

Im just curious as to why this is. Is it imposible to add paintbrush effects directly to a targa sequence?

Thanks for your time!!

Mylenium
01-05-2010, 05:03 AM
No idea. should not make any difference. So I can only assume something is up with your footage interpretation or the Targas are of a strange sub-flavor that AE doesn't handle correctly. given, that the format is 30 years old, I should think the latter case would not be an issue these days, though...

Mylenium

uroshp
01-09-2010, 02:25 PM
I have a 150 frame targa sequence rendered from 3d studio max.
When I import it as a sequence it shows up fine and can be rendered through the make movie dialog without problem.

I tried to add some painbrush and timewarp effects directly to the sequence but it never showed up on the final render.

What I had to do was to first render the whole thing out as a quicktime movie and then add the paintbrush/timewarp to the same (now imported) quicktime movie.

Im just curious as to why this is. Is it imposible to add paintbrush effects directly to a targa sequence?

Thanks for your time!!

Yeah what i tend to do most of the time is take the Tga or Tiff sequence and re render it into a mov right off the bató takes up much less HD space and also doesn't slow down AE.

To me, sequences are only good for exporting out of 3D in case it crashes.. after, should be mov asap.

hope this helps a bit.
Ollie

SkojigaGorillan
01-14-2010, 01:36 AM
Thank you for your answers, helpfull!

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2010, 01:36 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.